Total Fuel System Cleaner from Tires Plus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
cleaned from Tires Plus. They have the system from 3M that flushes and cleans the fuel system for $59.99. Is this safe to get it done or should I stay away from it?

My '93 was idling rough and it was suggested to me to run some of the Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant / fuel injector cleaner through it.

A 32 oz. bottle was on sale at O'Reilly Auto Parts for $6.50. I ran 8 oz. per tank for 4 tanks (saw results after 2) and have a smoothly idling 1FZE now.

I was amazed!!! I was ready to take her in for a fuel injector cleaning that would cost several hundred bucks!! :slap: :rolleyes:

Worth every cent I paid for it :D :D :D :D I'd give it a try. Good luck! :cheers:

Jody.

BG44K, best I'ved used so far though a little pricey. For those on the cheap, Techron is good.

The Toyota EFI Cleaner is pretty good. I had tried a few cheaper versions but this stuff resulted in no more pings.

A trusted individual told me he saw a side by side test of the Toyota EFI v BG44k and the Toyota cleaned quicker and more thoroughly.

I sprang for that BG44K stuff and it didn't make any difference in my idle problems. I was pissed!! :eek: All this hype and some cheap Lucas cleaner did the job.

I spit on BG44K!!!!!!!! Puh!! Phooey!! :slap: :D

Jody. [tt]Remember, I'm a cheap ass...[/tt]

Jody,

Don't want to rain on your parade but if you used Lucas after BG44K, chances are it's the latter that softened the buildup. Another factor is if the directions are not followed correctly. But if Lucas really works, that's well and good too. It's just that BG44K is part of TSB for Volvo and BMW's, and most dealers use it for FI cleaning. I use it on my BMW and most guys in our forum (roadfly) swears by it.

Funny thing is that it's hard to find one and guess where I get mine? At the Toyota dealership in our area, they're the only one who carries it. ;)

Cheers,

Rolly

Jody,

PS: About that several hundred fuel injector cleaning, if you're willing to remove your injectors, there's a place in Michigan that does complete flow and test cleaning for $11 per injector. I think it was 'cruzinperformance' (how appropriate for LC's), if I recall correctly.

Rolly

I stock it too.

BG is marketed mostly to new car dealers and some independent shops. It's ORMD for the most part and requires special shipping procedures. If any one wants help locating a local source, PM me and I'll contact my rep. He can tell me who is the distributor in your area.

D-

C-Dan -
What's your experience with BG and the Toyota branded product? Is this one of the (very) rare times that OEM is not the way to go? ???

LT
8)

Jody,

Within the hour after reading this post, I had a pair of Lucas bottles in my mitt. Just the other day I was wondering why the idle is a bit rough despite recent tuneup and throttle valve cleanup. So, I'll let you and the group know how it goes. My usual preference is Techron Concentrate, which I put through it a couple months ago.

Doug

Well Jody, it's another one for the books. That Lucas stuff smoothed out the idle in only a half tank. Impressive. Now I'm wondering what to do with the other bottle. The Subaru's idle is typical Boxer so I'm not sure I'll notice any smoothing. Hmmm.

Anyhow, I'll second the Lucas stuff. I used a smaller bottle - 6 oz or so on a full tank. Impressive.

Doug

Marvel, Seafoam etc. They go in gas,oil,carb or vacuum intake.They clean out carbon and other goodies.
I use Seafoam and it works in cleaning out carb'ed vehicles.

I am looking for something to help stop the gas tank rust in the Turd.

Just coming back from Costco.
They have the Chevron Pro-gard Fuel injector cleaner.
$10 for 4x16oz. Not bad.
We'll see how this works -or not...
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom