Tool thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisermatts.com
I saw this in the North Carolina clubhouse page and thought it was a neat idea. Post up anything related to tools, something new or used you got, something that worked really well for a project you are working on, or a good deal others should know about. I love tools (and buying more of them!) and know I have a bunch to contribute regularly.

94528605_2590395414532073_1968188477291888640_n.jpg

Polly Carbide Easy Strip discs. These discs work amazingly well for taking off old paint and rust without leaving deep scratch marks in the metal.
Sadly the Harbor Freight and most the Ebay ones only have the 5/8 hole. Did find some on Ebay with a 7/8 hole.
Also 3" rollock versions available on Ebay, not in Harbor Freight stores.

Treating rust in impossible and hard to get to areas. 60 owners with roof rust take note.

Siphon feed engine cleaning gun.

These things are great for spaying Ospho, Phosphoric Acid, Metal Prep, Rust paint, POR15 etc into impossible to reach areas such as the backside of the roof gutter area, inside rocker panels, inside frame rails, under pinch welds, inside doors, behind quarter panels, wheel wells, cracks, crevices, etc

Just put the siphon hose into whatever you want to spray.

The hose always gets in the way on ones with the siphon hose near the tip. Harbor Freight has ones with the pickup hose on the back, but they clog up and have to thrown away because the venturi is inside near the back.

I found these on Ebay with the pickup hose near the back and venturi in the front. These work really well.

AIR TOOL OIL ENGINE CLEANING GUN SOLVENT AIR SPRAYER DEGREASER AUTOMOTIVE TOOL 91044322845 | eBay

Eastwood Internal Frame Coating can be used. It’s convenient and will treat and reach in even further areas. , but at $22 and the can empties in two minutes, it’s not that economical to use.

On 60 roofs I'll partially remove the headliner, spray Osho into backside of roof area, let it dry a couple days, then spray in POR15 or MasterCoat.

5-2a bb.jpg

Don't know if this can be classified as a tool, but ...Gas Powered Blender.. Great for making cocktails out on the trail

Don't know if this can be classified as a tool, but ...Gas Powered Blender.. Great for making cocktails out on the trail

Dude, when can we go use that thing ??

Everyone needs to stop what they are doing right now and go buy one or both of these if you haven't already. Hands down the best power tool purchases and possibly the best tool purchases period. The big one is the 1/2" High-torque, I actually don't find my self using it as frequently as I used to now that I have the 3/8" drive stubby Fuel M12 impact. That one gets used daily and kicks ass. So much so that I bought a 2nd one to keep in the truck.

58B2277B-8494-42E8-A24D-6F13EDC68CBC.jpeg

Last edited:
Additionally to go with your impact wrenches, I have found Harbor Freight impact sockets to be a great value, haven't been able to break one. The companies like Tekton and Neiko that sell big sets online are a great value as well if you want a big carry case or a complete set. The only issue is that sometime they skip sizes.
But what I discovered recently and really like are these 3-piece impact rated extension sets that have a built-in swivel feature. They're killer. Don't forget your 20% off coupon

Last edited:
So this for the 80 series guys, go by wits-end. Great tools to help with the maintenance jobs. If you do not want to buy but rather loan, definitely consider knowing someone who has these tools to borrow or work out some arrangement.

• 80 Series Inner Axle Seal Offset Driver $32.00
  • Modified 54mm Hub Nut Tool $52.00
  • Bushing Press Tool- KIT $180.00
  • 80 Series 1FZ Power Steering Pump Gear Handle $21.00
  • OTRAMM 1FZEFE crank holding tool $80
Good luck

Last edited:
Those 3/8 mini-impacts are the bees-knees. I'm gonna have to grab one if I catch them on sale. The 1/2" is no joke either... If they ever put them together as a bundle then I'd have to consider taking one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom