Tool battery wth - back to life (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trunk Monkey

Threads
Someone who's smarter about batteries splain this to me. So I have a couple of B&D 40v lithium batteries for a blower/trimmer setup. One battery decided to stop charging past two bars last week and the charger instantly blinks red. Look online, find a vid of a guy, also with B&D batts, saying take your good full charge battery, hook it up + to +, - to - to the one that won't charge, leave it for a few minutes, then plug it back on the charger.

It worked. Battery fully charged, no problem. Does the balancing charge from the good battery get the bad one past some "block"? It's witchcraft.

Someone who's smarter about batteries splain this to me. So I have a couple of B&D 40v lithium batteries for a blower/trimmer setup. One battery decided to stop charging past two bars last week and the charger instantly blinks red. Look online, find a vid of a guy, also with B&D batts, saying take your good full charge battery, hook it up + to +, - to - to the one that won't charge, leave it for a few minutes, then plug it back on the charger.

It worked. Battery fully charged, no problem. Does the balancing charge from the good battery get the bad one past some "block"? It's witchcraft.
Yes, past a block built in to most new chargers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom