tool bag straps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking about producing these straps. Not too sure if this is right spot to put this or not(move it if you want Poser). Kicking around olive drab webbing as a color. I have a local upholstery co. that could make these for me. The only thing I don't have figured are the hooks/hoops/metal parts. Straps only. Thoughts?
webbing.JPG

well they can put the double 'd' rings on one end...they are common and should be easy for them to get.

are the straps nylon or cotton?
I still have my oem straps(rust colored) and the upholsterer said they need to be cotton webbing. Nylon would be tougher. Where can I get those "d" rings?

Webelk6, I am in for one. Just something that looks close to original works for me. I went to a fabric shop about getting oiled canvas and was told it was not available form them. I think you need to buy a lot and special order it or make it yourself.

Webelk6, I am in for one. Just something that looks close to original works for me. I went to a fabric shop about getting oiled canvas and was told it was not available form them. I think you need to buy a lot and special order it or make it yourself.

the website Johnny C put up for the hardware is really cheap. I want to make them as oem as possible. Talked to a fellow mudder, and the original color was khaki . Toyota switched to a "olive drab/green color. Not sure when, but I got some oem jump seat straps from cdan and they were the olive/green color.

The double "d" rings are removable as the have a "slit" on the flat side. Hopefully The "d" ring that mounts to the tub will be the same allowing me to make literally 100's if I want and add the rings after production.

Again not too sure if it would be worth my time, and if anyone would buy some.
Scott

Last edited:
Scott, I have a tool bag that is rotten and in really bad shape. But, It is good for a pattern if your interested. It i a fold over and roll up design with tie bows. let me know if you want some pics and if you are going to do this I can mail it to you to use.

george

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom