Too much rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been looking forever for an LX but came across a pretty nice 2007 GX 470 that will meet my needs. Problem its one Id have to have shipped to me and cant drive beefore purchse. Approx 110k mileage, no accidents, paint and interior look good. But its a NE vehicle. Asked for pics of the underside and seller quickly sent. Described this as surface rust with brake components looking the worst. What do you all think? Would this concern you? Price would be in the 12k neighborhood.

gx1.jpg

gx2.jpg

gx3.jpg

gx4.jpg

That looks pretty amazing compared to GXs from rust states I was looking at. I'm not sure if those seams are a concern or not, but for reference, this is the kinda stuff I was seeing:

Rust? What rust? ;) That's a really clean undercarriage. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

I have an NE GX. Mine was a 1 owner from PA. It looked clean but every bolt I've had to change has been socked in with rust. Maybe it's the 14 years of use, but try to find as clean of a rig as you can.

Totally looks fine. enjoy it

Not too much rust at all. A shot of the front rad support would help, as well as one of the rear frame section by the spare tire. That being said, I think the example posted by the OP is pretty mint. Buy/baseline/enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom