Too Far Gone or Repairable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FishTown

TLCA Member #29560
Threads
Well… I did a stupid thing. I left my hatch open while I was backing out of my “driveway” in an alley that’s really tight and smashed it on the neighbors garage… my heart sank. All but one area of the truck is original paint and I really want to keep it that way. It’s caved in enough that the latch won’t catch. Curious what y’all think about this damage. Repairable without paint? Or should I start looking for another white 60 hatch in decent shape?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

You could probably work most of that out with some careful hammer and dolly work. You’ll end up needing some touch up paint where it cracked out. If you’re not up to the task, talk to a custom type body shop in your area.

Thats a bit of labour, but it looks repairable to me.

Before going hammer and dolly route, I would check on a paintless dent removal spot in your area. Even if you have to take the rear door apart, it'll be a cheaper and better job if a guy is coaxing the steel with suction cups and hot glue.

I had a paintless dent place here pull out a fist-sized dent on the side of my Dodge. It cost me $200 CAD, and you never knew they did the work.

At a minimum, an attempt with paintless dent removal may result in far less real bodywork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom