To thermostat or not to thermostat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just to close the loop for those that are interested.

Overheating issue is more severe when the thermostat is in. Like, no chance of even getting to the highway before I over heat, let alone trying to push past 55mph. And this was on a relatively cool November day in Houston.

I think my path forward is to take the thermostat back out and try to flush the radiator or get a new 4core. I have already replaced all hoses, water pump, and thermostat. Am I missing anything else in the system?

Also, I have bypassed the heater systeme so the1-inch hose off the lower radiator tee goes directly to the back of the engine. Could this contribute to the overheating issue?

Just to close the loop for those that are interested.

Overheating issue is more severe when the thermostat is in. Like, no chance of even getting to the highway before I over heat, let alone trying to push past 55mph. And this was on a relatively cool November day in Houston.

I think my path forward is to take the thermostat back out and try to flush the radiator or get a new 4core. I have already replaced all hoses, water pump, and thermostat. Am I missing anything else in the system?

Also, I have bypassed the heater systeme so the1-inch hose off the lower radiator tee goes directly to the back of the engine. Could this contribute to the overheating issue?

The heater can help cool some, acting like a mini radiator, but it's only going to make a difference if the radiator's way mess up, and even then not a big difference, and it'll cook you in the process.

And, you got issues. Pulling the thermostat might have helped a little, but it's not going to fix it. I'm not sure how to determine if the radiator's clogged or has other issues, short of replacing it and trying. But once you correct whatever the issue is, I'd recommend putting the thermostat back. If everything is working properly, this isn't going to cause it to overheat, and should only help the engine run better overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom