TLCA Travel Grant - Southern Cruiser Crawl (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fort Knox

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi ONSC folks!

I've been very fortunate to be the recipient of one of this year's travel grants from the TLCA. In looking at the seven events that were part of the grant program (two of which are our very own Relic Run and Logan's Run), the event that made the most sense for me to attend is the 18th Annual Southern Cruiser Crawl in Hot Springs, AR - October 12-15, 2023. I've heard from a few folks that this event is a great event and I'm really looking forward to checking it out!

As much fun as I'm sure the event will be no matter what, I really would prefer if at least a couple other ONSC folks can attend with me. The more, the merrier!!! It's always better to have more than one truck caravanning to an event, and I'd love to share the experience with others. I've spoken with our other BOD members and we'd like to have the club help other members with the cost of attendance. So here's what we came up with:

ONSC will sponsor up to 5 members with some of the gas and registration costs. The amount of the sponsorship will be determined by the number of members who commit to going. The club will sponsor up to 5 members a total of $1,000, with no single member getting more than $300. The sponsorship would go like this:

1 ONSC Member - $300
2 ONSC Members - $300 each for a total of $600
3 ONSC Members - $300 each for a total of $900
4 ONSC Members - $250 each for a total of $1,000
5 ONSC Members - $200 each for a total of $1,000
Etc.

I am not included in these numbers, since my cost is being covered by TLCA.

In order to qualify for ONSC sponsorship to attend the event, you must be a member in good standing for at least 1 year prior to the start of the event.

So far, we have:

1. Matt Walls
2. Will Tygart

So.........

1691632954933.png

Last edited:
Im so excited about this.

In an effort to create ways to give back to our members. The BOD, has been discussing different ways to do that. One of the ways we decided to do was to submit individuals in our club for the TLCA travel grant. Members whom we feel have done enough for not just the club but also for the wheeling community in general. On top of that we decided that if an ONSC member would win the TLCA travel grant that we should do our own, specifically for ONSC members.

The plan was give back to ONSC members, help them out a little and hopefully we can have a bigger contingent representing ONSC in Arkansas for the southern cruiser crawl. This would be very cool. I also hope that by coming up with these type of incentives for the members that it will motivate individuals to join our great club and to hopefully increase participation. Especially on out of state TLCA events.

Full disclosure-
The BOD discussed and voted for the ONSC travel grant. The ONSC travel grants are first come first serve to any paid member of onsc in good standing with at least one year of membership from the date of the event.
Also, as BOD members ( Allen not included) will not sign up for this event until we give a chance to all members that are eligible to sign up first.But as onsc members they are eligible to participate in this.

If you have any questions about the ONSC TRAVEL GRANT before committing to this event please reach out to me. Most folks have my cell phone and if you don’t. Pm me here on mud.

Have a good one
Del Roman
ONSC PRESIDENT

Can we nominate people for this or does an individual have to nominate themselves?

but also for the wheeling community in general

Just based on that alone i'd nominate Darin Touw. He's most likely put in more volunteer hours at Uhwarrie than the next 10 club members combined not to mention all the work he does for team Rubicon and other 4x4 outfits.

I don’t know what the TLCA requirements are. I’m sure you can find the info you need in the TLCA WEBSITE.

This thread is not about that.

as far as the ONSC TRAVEL grant.
It is first come first serve and it is specifically for the event in Arkansas.
There is no nomination of any kind. If a member wants to go with Allen. Then they post up here on this thread and Allen will add them to his post.

Last edited:
@mwalls54 are you out there? Wish it was in the cards for me to enjoy my life right now. Boring!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom