TLCA Prez, and FJ Cruiser on the 'Con (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tornadoalleycruisers.com
NEW PICS: TLCA Prez, and FJ Cruiser on the 'Con

Now, new pics!
Go to www.tlca.org for details!

Coming in January's issue of Toyota Trails, complete and exclusive coverage of the Rubicon testing of the 2006 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

FJ Cruiser vs. The Rubicon Trail….
I got a completely unexpected phone call From Mark Amstock asking if I’d be interested in flying out to Lake Tahoe to help test drive the 2006 Toyota FJ Cruiser on the Rubicon Trail….
I was the only outsider in the group—there were no other media representatives there….
The FJ Cruiser was equipped with a factory rear e-locker, factory rock sliders, a stout roof rack….
The FJ interior is well equipped and spartan at the same time….
In terms of physical dimensions, the FJ Cruiser seems to have been designed with conquering trails like the Rubicon in mind….
It’s very important to impress upon you the staggering significance of this vehicle from Toyota’s perspective….
As we lined up that morning at Loon Lake, with the Gatekeeper and the Rubicon proper ahead of us, you can imagine what was at risk….
Would the sliders, which would be sorely tested, hold up to the task….
Despite my initial trepidation, the FJ Cruiser….

Exclusive photos and details to be found *only* in the upcoming January/February 20 issue of Toyota Trails, the publication of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association. Get it here:
https://www.tlca.org/catalog/

It was a hella good time, and many, many thanks to Toyota for inviting TLCA to ride along for such a hisotric event!
Web rubicon 1.jpg

Last edited:
con or not, it's still hideous looking

i do await news on how it did though

When I try to get this page: https://www.tlca.org/catalog/

all that pops up is a blank window. I turned off pop-up blocker and same result...
I'm actually trying to renew my membership and maybe buy some old issues... so let me spend some money dammit! :D

FirstToy;
Grrr! I'm tired of my e-store being problematic! Reported to webmaster, hopefully we'll have her back up pronto, and many apologies...

Just curious -- when was that?

One of the 'bystanders' seems to be looking at the rockers and thinking 'Boy, we sure screwed up that rocker!' ;p :D

I like it!. Hmmm, $$$ to get one?

Chef, why don't you lobby with your contacts to produve in limited quantities a "TLCA rated" or "TLCA Edition" FJC with all the stuff we want, like F/R lockers, solid front axle, removable hardtop/soft top...... seems like your rubbing elbows and I have heard you can lobby with the best of them : )

For those of you who have been trying to get into the tlca.org store and join, we were hacked last week. Our good friends at birfield.com (our hosts) are working towards site restoration. Thanks for your patience....

Chef said:
Wayne;
I dunno what kinda pull you think I have, but I guaraaaaaantee if ain't like that;)

it was a tongue in cheek comment but hey, I can dream right? I really think it is great Toyota involves TLCA and at least there is some input there.... so I gave you some more :D not that you weren't already thinking similarly...

Kofoed said:
So who was driving? Team effort?

pretty sure Chef didn't drive or spot.....

after all, they obviously made it home :D

But Janurary is sooo far away! That's all we get till then? That's awful... :crybaby: :crybaby:

Brian;
Cheap shots like this to draw more info outta me will not work.

Here's what will:
My address is in TT. I know you can use mapquest...

c'mon down with a case of leinenkugel's, and we'll talk.

woody said:
pretty sure Chef didn't drive or spot.....

after all, they obviously made it home :D

Chef said:
Here's what will:
My address is in TT. I know you can use mapquest...

c'mon down with a case of leinenkugel's, and we'll talk.

you DO realize I'll be in OK in 10 days to wheel.....yer "just down the road"....

which reminds me <hyjack> ya making the CHI? </hyjack>

I'll have Leinies :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom