TLC showing the first 25 in the US (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

doubtful its the same rig.

Warn hubs on the ad, not on the SEMA

Aftermarket bumper on the ad, original on the SEMA

radio antenna (and radio I'd assume) in ad, none on the SEMA truck

Spare tire added on the SEMA truck

Living in the Past said:
So we know 58 was the first year of cruisers being imported but what year was the best year for the 25s? :confused: I would have to say 1960 cause we all know they must have improved the brakes in 1960, right Steve. :rolleyes:

Smart ass. :flipoff2: Okay, so functioning brakes weren't standard equipment until 1960. Who needs them anyway? :rolleyes:

foxfab said:
doubtful its the same rig.
Warn hubs on the ad, not on the SEMA
Aftermarket bumper on the ad, original on the SEMA
radio antenna (and radio I'd assume) in ad, none on the SEMA truck
Spare tire added on the SEMA truck

Air intake vent on apron of ad truck; hood latch hooks too far forward on SEMA truck for vent.

However, both have the big rectangular outside rearview mirror. Was that standard issue on the very first 25s? I thought they were all the little 5" round jobbies. :confused:

Still no VIN#. Someone on the left coast swing by TLC and check it out. :doh:

FJCruiser First Cruiser Thread

I do like the key lanyard thingy........................ could be a 25 treasure?

Still no VIN#. Someone on the left coast swing by TLC and check it out. :doh:

FJCruiser First Cruiser Thread

I do like the key lanyard thingy........................ could be a 25 treasure?

Key lanyard thingy looks like a soft door restraint, later mounted just below the dash on the door jamb...the canvas strap eye bolt is higher on the dash later on...the things ya learn!

Key lanyard thingy looks like a soft door restraint, later mounted just below the dash on the door jamb...the canvas strap eye bolt is higher on the dash later on...the things ya learn!

You're right Phil, I was looking at the closeup. That's a door restraint (same as the toolbox lock loop by the way) because it's on both sides. And what's with the lower eyebolts? It has a high toolbox so it's definately <1960. Now I really want to know the number. :confused:
278077447_57ec655e4e_o.jpg

High to low tool box, F120 to F135 and front cross member were all changes during the 1960 model. The eyelet and rear bench were the things that make me think think its pre 1960. I don't think I've seen a rear bench seat or A style bows on a FJ25 after 1959. So who is wrong Toyota or TLC about which one is first to the US?

John

maybe the toyota ad one was the first sold at a dealership?

TLC's was sold before the guy actually had his dealership built? He may have been the first to buy one and sell it...the toyota one the first actually sold from a dealership?

both correct? maybe? I call its a technicality!!!

It's a tie :)

thats if somebody's not lying...that would be wrong

I've given up on marketing and claims, doesn't matter who's right. :)

But, I'm real interested in the truck, since it's different. It would have to be a '58, which to me says it might not be supposed to have a t-bird and script emblems on the aprons, and should also have the early "oval - glass" speedo. But we don't know the dates that stuff changed over. My '58 had the later speedo. I'd just like to pin the features to a VIN. Or...................it wasn't meant for this market, which seems to be a theme for the 25.

Old thread. I still thought I would post photo of the museums 1958 first one data plate so reference info is all in one place.

612665BA-2252-459E-B7AA-5416F62B2401.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom