TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20lb sounds excessive... I run around 10-12 on mine... and that woke up the engine a lot... given you have a different engine, but still I would start small and then find a spot you like... no point in producing tones of power and short life for no reason...

Thank you for the word of warning, Nick.

I dont plan to run any more than 20lbs of boost, as im told the 2H can only go up to 24lbs

As per that photo of the ring lands, I would really like to know the circumstances that caused it to have such excessive wear
This thread is getting off topic .
Looks like someone tried to run at 20lbs of boost for while . I would have to agree with the others 20lbs is too much for a 2h unless you have a few and don't mind changing motors often . (that is kinda the way I treat 2f's) only I try my best to hit 5000 rpms whenever possible . I would maybe consider that much boost on a 3b but only because I have 5 spares . I run mine at 10lbs currently with an intercooler .

G'day out there V.I!
As a courtesy to local cruisers, here's a early chance to buy a good BJ60.
We'll put it up on all the regular sites in a week or so, if you or someone you know are looking contact us here on MUD or call 250-337-5589.
Located just north of Courtenay.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipP0DLYGFChHU5BKdmXuaY99BINFADpVZMiVVYCv

$4000.00
Land Cruiser

2005/2007- Partial Engine Rebuild. I think that was at around 480,000km. Now at 560,000

Kept1983 (3B) engine, transfer case and 5 speed transmission. These were transferred into a 1986 gas body from Montana.

Andy's 2005 (gas body)
Replace Left Rear Axel Seal
Replace Rear Break Shoes
Replace left ebrake leaver
Repair front breaks
replace felt packs, front break pad, front break caliper and rotor
Replace rear piston seal.

Andy's 2006
Removed Engine
Rebuilt transfer case and 5 speed transmission

At Home 2006
Rings, valves and pistons were replaced. Clutch was replaced.

Valley West 2011
Rebuild Front Knuckles

Andy's 2012
Repair rear breaks. New pad, shoe, drum, wheel cylinder.
Then is a 2000$ bill with a bunch of little stuff...like
New batteries, exshaust gasket, starter. left engine mount repair, new heater hose coolant system, replace headlight lenses and housing....

For all of the above work I have receipts.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipP0DLYGFChHU5BKdmXuaY99BINFADpVZMiVVYCv

Last edited:
$3,000 · One of the greatest trucks ever made

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/One-of-the-greatest-trucks-ever-made_25542447

47935193_934.jpg

If anyone gets near that second rusty one, take a few pics of the inner homemade console and
the rear interior rack for me. Kinda curious.
The first one looks like a good solid project. HJ with a 5 speed is cool.

Yeah, that's a later model w/s frame .

rear bumper looks weird to me as well.

Was squinting at the picture, is that hard top removeable or non?

Non removeable would kinda suck....

Just so everyone knows , that 3/4 ton land cruiser is completely rusted out . there is not one part that is any good . I was duped into looking at it . he tried to sell it for 400 on the spot . Not worth the trip over to that island . The guy is a shiester .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom