TJM T13 Bull bar installed - Lots of pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mounted today. Lights and lower covers tomorrow

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lights not wired yet but installed, waiting on parts for custom pigtails for fogs as well as heat shrink/loom for the driving/signal lights. I should be pretty adept at disassembling this thing by the time I decide on which winch to buy and have to pull the whole bar off the mount again :bang:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm trying to finish up my install today. I noticed at least 2 others in this thread (posts 158, 159 TJM T13 Bull bar installed - Lots of pics) have hole alignment issues for the underbody guard (skid plate). Mine aren't even close, and I'm assuming now that no one's line up properly. What have you guys done to address this, just leave it? Does it rattle? Can the factory underbody guard still be removed? Does anyone have non-OE skid plates installed with the T13?

Thanks.

Mine did not line up for sh*t. By the time I got to that point of the install, I found it easier to grab some beefy zip ties and temporarily tie the factory skids to the nearest rigid points (factory skids are between TJM front skid and frame). I will, at some point, mark and drill new holes or cut some slots to allow secure mounting but i definitely was a bit pissed that these did not line up. I'll try to snap some pics of my problem and low-rent solution this afternoon just to document the issue for future users

Where did you source your from?
A local cruiser club member sources this bumper from Slee. He decided to go another route so I bought it from him

Mine did not line up for sh*t. By the time I got to that point of the install, I found it easier to grab some beefy zip ties and temporarily tie the factory skids to the nearest rigid points (factory skids are between TJM front skid and frame). I will, at some point, mark and drill new holes or cut some slots to allow secure mounting but i definitely was a bit pissed that these did not line up. I'll try to snap some pics of my problem and low-rent solution this afternoon just to document the issue for future users

I bought TJM skid plates. Although they r not built like budbuilt, they are still decent underguards comparable to ARB ones.

B862200B-3F72-48A8-BB68-4C54B41B2FE5.jpeg

7B4B3847-AB7B-4ACA-8E7A-563E68CA5843.jpeg

Did anyone take a picture of how they routed the winch power cables up to the battery?

goes up behind the radiator support up behind the driver head light and connects to the battery. very simple run.

OK, thanks

Has anyone install newer TJM T13 (2016+) on older model? Looks like they included built-in headlights washer plate.
M146263817.jpg

That's nice! I am now wishing that mine were like this too.... although I never use the washers.

Has anyone install newer TJM T13 (2016+) on older model? Looks like they included built-in headlights washer plate.View attachment 2768942

I had one of my 2016 and put one on my 2018. What questions do you have?

EDIT - sorry, saw you just said on an older model. Not sure that would work. Lines are completely different on front end for 08-15.

Last edited:
There's some on here that have done it, myself included.

I had one of my 2016 and put one on my 2018. What questions do you have?

EDIT - sorry, saw you just said on an older model. Not sure that would work. Lines are completely different on front end for 08-15.
I bought a TJM T13 in 2018 and installed on my 2008.

Please let me know as I really want the 2018 versions not the older ones. I contacted TJM Australia and USA a few times to see if this was possible and they said not possible at all.

I believe both are are still available. I bought a T13 in 2019 and put it on my 2013 LC but I bought the pre 2016 version. I'm going to guess you bought a pre 2016 T13. there are differences in the head lights so I would think there will be some issues. If the 2016+ TJM T13 is a "no cut" design, I think it will interfere with the 2008-1015 head lights. Don't think the grill will work out either.

1629945723128.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom