TJM Locker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scrapdaddy

Standing on the corner
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey Hardcorers,

Anybody have an opinion on the TJM air locker? I'm thinking of getting rid of my rear ARB and go to something else.

Thanks,

O ring problems? The theoretical appeal for me of the TJM is that they don't have this potential fail point.

Three sets of O-rings, two O-ring housings and it's still pumping out oil ( a lot of oil). Everything I read about the TJM is good.

I had one TJM on front ( 8" 80 series HP reverse cut ) and didn't last .. their warranty was top notch with the replacement .. I honestly don't see a huge advantage on the piston ( TJM ) over the ARB .. if you told me about the electric Harrop .. there is a difference .. altho the Harrop have it's own " issues " related on how it works ( locks and unlocks from forward to reverse ).

The one thing I'm looking to get away from is the oil coming up the air line. The TJM doesn't have any seals in the oil, so none will be spitting out. Do you remember what the issue was with the TJM?

I had one TJM on front ( 8" 80 series HP reverse cut ) and didn't last .. their warranty was top notch with the replacement .. I honestly don't see a huge advantage on the piston ( TJM ) over the ARB .. if you told me about the electric Harrop .. there is a difference .. altho the Harrop have it's own " issues " related on how it works ( locks and unlocks from forward to reverse ).
See video for discussion of "issues" referenced above - or at least the one issue mentioned. There is a 1/4 turn or so where the locking system CAN cycle on change of direction, but in most cases Georg @orangefj45 and I have observed, they don't unbind, but stay locked. As the video points out, there is a difference between old Eaton 2-pinion system and the 4-pinion Harrop/Eaton system. Not saying there isn't a possible issue in some situations, just questioning specific units and field applications.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom