Tires for lifted FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.photos.moore4x4.com
Hello all, I'm new to the program here, so hope I get it right! Just installed the OME suspension on my FJ any suggestions on tire sizes? I would like to keep the stock TRD 16" wheels.

Last edited:
I'm runnin 33/12.50 r17 Ive had no issues with them, They make r16's too. I wouldn't go much bigger than that unless you chop the body mount or lift higher.

I run 285/75/16 on my TRD wheels. Bigger will fit under the truck, but I think they work out just fine without pushing the limts. I decided not to do my body mounts and these work well in that situation.

How do you like the ride on the OME set up - which spring rate did you get?

Nice rack too - which brand is that one?

thats the ARB rack... very nice one. i know Runner ryan has 37"s on his rig with 3 inches... but it requires some trimming. it all depends on the applicationa nd how big you WANT to go.

I'm running BFG 285/70/17's but fitted up a pair of Nitto 295/75/16's which cleared everything with the OME HD lift and no trimming. IIRC, the BFG 285 is 32.7" and the Nitto 295 is 33.4".

you can go up to about 33's without rubbing. You'll need to clearance the front body mount to go much larger. 305's if you stay metric.

33"s will clear fine with your lift. But keep in mind, when you go offroad, and stuff the front tire up into the fender, there still is a possibility of rubbing the mounts. With that in mind, I'm running 285/70/17 (33") Hankook Dynapro MT's without rub under normal use. Still planning on doing the trim in the future to be safe.

33"s will clear fine with your lift. But keep in mind, when you go offroad, and stuff the front tire up into the fender, there still is a possibility of rubbing the mounts. With that in mind, I'm running 285/70/17 (33") Hankook Dynapro MT's without rub under normal use. Still planning on doing the trim in the future to be safe.

I have the same set up and wheel hard...no rubbing yet and the hankooks are cheap

I have the same set up and wheel hard...no rubbing yet and the hankooks are cheap
Only reason I bring this up is because I had the Hankooks on before the lift and they rubbed at 3/4 turn. I'm also running stock wheels.

Just make sure you still have room for wheel travel ;)

I have 285/70/17 Destination MT's with an OME lift and had to chop the body mounts and the front bling skid plate.

10208264rq6.jpg

I am running the 295 Nitto's and had to chop the mounts...a lot depends on your wheel backspacing.

No Need To Go Bigger Than 33" (285/75)

No Need To Go Bigger Than 33" (285/75)
Then why do they make tires like the 49" Irok, and 54" Bogger?
It's all what you plan to use the truck for.

I have the OME 3" with the heavy coils. I ended up getting almost 4" from it. The 37's fit for the most part, but rub while wheeling flexed and turned. A 35" tire is a more realistic fitment, and looks more proportioned with that lift. You will most likely have to trim the body mounts, though.

Then why do they make tires like the 49" Irok, and 54" Bogger?
It's all what you plan to use the truck for.

I have the OME 3" with the heavy coils. I ended up getting almost 4" from it. The 37's fit for the most part, but rub while wheeling flexed and turned. A 35" tire is a more realistic fitment, and looks more proportioned with that lift. You will most likely have to trim the body mounts, though.
there is a definite advantage to big tires, especially with ifs, but anythin over 33-35 with the stock drivetrain setup you are asking for repair bills, Personally I would love to run 37's but thats down the line after swapping gears, solid front and 6 inch lift. probably I will wait till warranty is up.

Oh, for sure. Must have modifications for bigger tires. A truck is built, not bought. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom