Ford Tires for 2001 Expedition 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
eyebrowns.blogspot.com
I recently bought this off my company, when my 60 bought the farm...I am used to having BFG A/T's on my 60, and need to get new tires for the Expedition. I looked at the BFG site but I am not sure what the correct fitment is, or if this is even a viable tire for this truck. The Michelins on it are bald - I am going to have to get some new tires before winter.
Any suggestions?

--brian

255/75/R16 should be your stock size. Ford generally used Goodyear Wrangler R/T's from the factory. They're pretty good tires. My first set made it to just under 80k. My second set has 40k and still look fine. BFG A/T's would be my first choice.

as of now it has Michelin something or other raised white letters. they are pretty bald, but look WAY small in the front wheel well (i think they would have looked small even with the 2 inches that having the same tire new up there would give it)...
I got a flat and the spare was a Wrangler R/T so you are probably right.
If i can ever get these damned rotors off, maybe i'll buy some tires!

Thread the lug nuts back on partially by hand. Hold a piece of wood in place as a buffer, and tap on them with a hammer. This should loosen the rotor.

Octongue, I just thought about this. I've used that method before but I don't think it's a good idea. I would tap on the back of the rotor instead.

I recently bought this off my company, when my 60 bought the farm...I am used to having BFG A/T's on my 60, and need to get new tires for the Expedition. I looked at the BFG site but I am not sure what the correct fitment is, or if this is even a viable tire for this truck. The Michelins on it are bald - I am going to have to get some new tires before winter.
Any suggestions?

--brian

Are you going to lift it? because it's super cheap for your year. I run Hankook Dynapros on mine now and they are awesome. The best AT I've had. Also Nittos AT is really good too. There are good forums for ford guys too that could tell you about tire size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom