Tire size with Slee 1.25" spacers, stock suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI Everybody,
I know the tire size thing has been discussed to death but in all my searching I cannot find an answer to the following question.
- With the Slee 1.25" spacers, front and rear, what is the largest (or best, I'm open to opinion here) tire to run on an otherwise stock 100 and not have any fitment issues? -

I'm ok with having to bend the pinch weld if I have to but would prefer not to. Looking at the KO2's so anything in their size offerings is optimal.
Currently running 285/70/18 Nitto RG and don't have any issues. I like the look when the tires are just outside the fender line, hence wanting the spacers. No plans for a lift anytime soon, maybe some stiffer springs or airbag assist to stop the saggy backend when I load up the fam and all our stuff for camping trips.

Thanks in advance!

275/70/18 KO2 nearly rubs with 1.25" spacers. There's no way the 285/70/18 won't rub without some pinch weld massaging like @GTV said.

Thanks.
I guess the real question is what is the best solution?
@YoTa, you mention the 275/70 "nearly rubs"...Nearly rubs rolling flat at full lock I assume? Is it going to rub with any sort of suspension travel?

Thinking about giving the tbars a couple cranks, would that help since there isn't any issue with the rear?

Maybe I'll just send the spacers back.

I have just installed this setup (275/70/R18 & 1.25" Spacers) on an '07 LX470 w/AHC with no rubbing to date. I have not tested it at full lock and/or maximum suspension travel but under normal driving conditions for the past 4 days since installed it has not rubbed.
Side rear.jpg
Side front.jpg

I have just installed this setup (275/70/R18 & 1.25" Spacers) on an '07 LX470 w/AHC with no rubbing to date. I have not tested it at full lock and/or maximum suspension travel but under normal driving conditions for the past 4 days since installed it has not rubbed.
View attachment 3241242View attachment 3241240
Any rubbing issues in the last few months. Seriously considering this if you had no issues.

Any rubbing issues in the last few months. Seriously considering this if you had no issues.
Short answer is: Yes.

Minimal rubbing during low speed 3/4 steering lock. Corner of tire rubs the lower aft part of the plastic wheel liner intermittently.

I suspect the issue is not the tire size but the tire size+spacer (as others have mentioned). Tires and spacers were installed together so I have no experience with either as a stand-alone modification.

Would I do it again? Yes. Rubbing is so minimal as not an issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom