Tire size - opinions requested (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
‘86 2WD base model with 14” wheels. What is the “tallest” tire that will work for this truck?

What size is on it now? Do you want to go to a 15” or are you staying with the stock 14s? Do you want a basic tire or an AT type of thing? Lots of variables.

What size is on it now? Do you want to go to a 15” or are you staying with the stock 14s? Do you want a basic tire or an AT type of thing? Lots of variables.

I will toss in the question "how do you intend to use the truck?"

Existing tires are 175/70R14.
Staying w/ stock 14s for now. Would be interested in opinions w/ larger wheels.
Probably just a basic tire for now. General around the town use and some light hauling.
Mostly concerned w/ getting something too large and causing steering range issues or fitment issues. I have found some 215/75s, but concerned there could be interference issues.

I will toss in the question "how do you intend to use the truck?"
Around town and some light hauling.
Currently rides low and I believe the PO may have removed one of the rear leaf spring members trying to get a cheap low rider.

I *think* that they were 215/60R16's that were on the turbo 2wd truck. In a 14 there used to be a 27-8.50R14 size or something close to that. Ran them on a Rally Pinto wagon I had about 3 eons ago......

:)

It was a fun car. Idled with a lope and got 27 mpg. Those 27-8.50's were Armstrong Norseman's too......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom