Tire question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen people put a 265-65-18 on a few GX’s but I was wondering is a 255-70-r18 would fit with stock suspension. 32.1 inch tire. Gonna be going with Nitto ridge grapplers. Thanks.

The slightly narrower tire will help, and you "should" be able to fit that on a stock 460. You may rub plastics, but not by much.
I'm running 265/70/18 on a Dob's 2" lift on stock wheels and 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers and rub just plastics.

I agree with MCDavis. A wider tire will cause rubbing when steering is lock-to-lock. But you should be find with full compression and extension with no rubbing.

So we got the tires today. They fit perfectly with no rubbing issues at all so far.

974D1EDC-4C63-44D7-80A6-F2910391E68B.jpeg

4268EFDD-56D9-4CB5-B224-0FC0E734980E.jpeg

BE4FDCB2-C807-4EDF-8594-2A3B3F288AE8.jpeg

No clue. We only got 4. Sorry
I HIGHLY suggest getting the spare also. The last thing in the WORLD you ever want to do is put a different size tire (diameter only, not width) on an all-wheel-drive vehicle like our GX's.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE: Going back to late 1991, we purchased a new 1992 Previa All-Wheel-Drive Toyota van (it was a family thing...) and I swapped out the stock tires for 17" low profile street tires. This thing was great on twisty roads, snow, sand, etc.! One day we had a flat and bolted the stock spare tire on. After several hundred miles with a different size tire, I completely wound up the drive train (axles, diff's, trans and anyting else associated) and ruined it. We had a 60,000 mile warranty. It happened at 58,000miles. :nailbiting:
Toyota replace and repaired everything under warranty! :clap:
The bill, if I had to pay, would have been over $3,800. :inpain:

I HIGHLY suggest getting the spare also. The last thing in the WORLD you ever want to do is put a different size tire (diameter only, not width) on an all-wheel-drive vehicle like our GX's.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE: Going back to late 1991, we purchased a new 1992 Previa All-Wheel-Drive Toyota van (it was a family thing...) and I swapped out the stock tires for 17" low profile street tires. This thing was great on twisty roads, snow, sand, etc.! One day we had a flat and bolted the stock spare tire on. After several hundred miles with a different size tire, I completely wound up the drive train (axles, diff's, trans and anyting else associated) and ruined it. We had a 60,000 mile warranty. It happened at 58,000miles. :nailbiting:
Toyota replace and repaired everything under warranty! :clap:
The bill, if I had to pay, would have been over $3,800. :inpain:

Wow! I will order a spare now. Thank you.

New guy here. Been researching the spare tire thing and it appears that space is quite limited under there. This has been my biggest concern so far while deciding which size tires to upsize to. Please keep us posted on your findings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom