Tire options for 17x7 TRD Pro wheels on GX460? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a set of the 17x7 TRD wheels to go on my GX. What tire sizing options would you recommend to go on these?

285-70-17 is a popular size I've seen its 32.7 in tall and 11.2 in wide...
295-70-17 is also one that is out there for some brands and its 33.3in tall and 11.6 in wide.

are you running a lift? if you're not, your size needed may differ as the above may rub w/o a lift and BMC.

Ditto, almost, see my build: R2M 2013 GX 460 Expo
Mine are the LT 285/75R17 BFG Mud Terrain KO2's (33.8" diameter).
We (my wife and I) just arrived at our destination (read: vacation) at 484 miles from our home. I finally was able to get a proper MPG reading by topping off the tank and using GPS for accurate mileage counts since there is no way to re-calibrate our speedo's. Between two complete fill-ups, my average MPG, going over mountain passes, high desert, etc. and with all my modifications (excluding my roof top tent, didn't need it for this trip) and all our gear for two weeks is....
Wait for it...
wait for it!
15 MPH!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

You guys think its OK/safe to run a 285 on a 7" wide wheel?
Absolutely! Narrower rims (within reason) will prevent tires from popping off the rim bead, especially when airing down to about 15 psig for trails. Most all serious off-roaders will use rims on the smaller width side.

Just bought a set of the 17x7 TRD wheels to go on my GX. What tire sizing options would you recommend to go on these?

If your GX isn't lifted I would go with 265/70R17 or if you think taller tires will benefit your needs try 275/70R17 but be ready to do some front wheel well trimming and mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom