Tire for highway, comfort, and terrain? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
128keaton.com
My LX is my daily driver, and as such, sees quite a bit of highway usage. I used to run Dueler Revo2s, but it was on a stiff, old t-bar 4Runner. Was thinking another set of those, but I figured I'd ask here.

Is there a decently comfortable, highway worthy AT tire out there?

Looking for something 275/65/R18 with a light load range (i.e. not E) to maintain comfort. Can't find any KO2s that are not load range E.

Maybe the Toyo AT2s?
Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I had an old set of revos on the truck when I bought it and they did ok for what they were, I would get them if I needed a street tire as they were pretty mild for an at. id look at the cooper at3, a few of the guys at work have them on their truck and have liked them. the kuhmo at51 is also supposed to be a solid tire

I had an old set of revos on the truck when I bought it and they did ok for what they were, I would get them if I needed a street tire as they were pretty mild for an at. id look at the cooper at3, a few of the guys at work have them on their truck and have liked them. the kuhmo at51 is also supposed to be a solid tire
Will do.

My buddy loves his Kumho AT51s, though I was concerned about the highway droning those tires reportedly put out.

Another thing with the AT51s, I wonder how high of a speed they can comfortably go?

I was looking for the exact same thing and just installed Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S..in 275/65/18...not an LT but an XL tire. These tires are better than expected....tread is deep and more aggressive but not any noiser. Ride is a tad stiffer and I think a good thing. Haven't had off road but in the rain these are awesome with the wide channels and extensive siping. I researched for months and just didn't want or need an LT tire that is 10-12 lbs heavier and much stiffer for my needs.

The Toyo AT2 is a great tire for the requirements you outlined. The only thing is it is an E load range and is a little bit harder feeling for a DD. Look at the Nitto Terra Grapplers (D load range). They'll do everything the Toyo's do, but with slightly more comfort around town.

The Toyo AT2 is a great tire for the requirements you outlined. The only thing is it is an E load range and is a little bit harder feeling for a DD. Look at the Nitto Terra Grapplers (D load range). They'll do everything the Toyo's do, but with slightly more comfort around town.
I actually went with the Ridge Grapplers. Great tire so far!

I was looking for the exact same thing and just installed Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S..in 275/65/18...not an LT but an XL tire. These tires are better than expected....tread is deep and more aggressive but not any noiser. Ride is a tad stiffer and I think a good thing. Haven't had off road but in the rain these are awesome with the wide channels and extensive siping. I researched for months and just didn't want or need an LT tire that is 10-12 lbs heavier and much stiffer for my needs.
what tire were you running before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom