Builds time to start over (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So tonight i installed the 76mm tundra throttle body (had one lying around), not something worth doing unless you have a throttlebody spare or a going boosted as the tb is expensive. With the car booked in for a complete custom tune at the end of this month i thought why not. It took a few times for it to run when starting as it stalled the first few attempts, then took another 20nodd minutes for it to learn how to control idle as expected. The flat spot in the throttle is gone but no difference in power as expected. Not the neatest install but it works

IMG_20191106_180601.jpg

Wish I could run long tube headers but they're not compliant with emissions here.

For the NST pulleys, why not the crankshaft too?

What type of tuner are you using with OE ECU?

Im not running long tubes mate, they are shorts re using oe cats, i honestly am not sure if its even worth using hi flow cats or having the oe ones gutted when it gets tuned

The nst crank pulley doesnt have the rubber vibration dampner on it, we installed the water pump one saturday but the alternator uses a de-coupler pulley so the nst one isnt suitable either.

The tuner is using alientech to open up the ecu

Bushskinz 6mm alloy UVP Installed, they will need spacing down for the diff drop and the center plate is for an prado not fj so will need to re drill two holes

Stay tuned.... People. Everything is locked in for this friday, with my mod list tuner is expecting to see 35-40rwkw on our 95 octane fuel (91 for you guys).

So received the car back from tuner on saturday, he couldnt access the wide open throttle fuel trim so peak power is still 180hp at the wheels. Didnt get the figures for torque, there is a big difference at cruising speed and in throttle response, far less gear hunting in 5th.

He has sent my files off to alientech in spain to have them personally customised and once he receives them back i will be taking it back to him to have the new wide open files installed as he said there is currently enough fuel going into the engine at w/o throttle to run 30psi and that leaning it back will bring peak power up substantially

Last edited:
so ive given up on the lx570 and picked up a 2014 fj with 116000km on it, this will be the build thread for what i hope is to be a serious offroad rig.

i will be looking at part crawler, part prerunner and part tourer.

first mods on the list will most likely be diff breathers safari snorkel then bilstien 51ÿ0/6112 lift.

watch this thread for updates and progress
I am considering an LX or FJ- Why have you given up on the LX and gone to fj?

I drowned the lx and had got sick of soending money on problems after the engine swap, was also very hard to modify and costing me to much

Offroad yes, on road there are times i miss the luxury interior, the v8 engine and even the hydraulics. But off road fj hands down

How about storage. Are you finding you are able to bring all your stuff in the FJ on extended trips without too many annoyances?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom