Time to sell/trade the FJ60

Discussion in 'VA/DC/MD- Capital Land Cruiser Club' started by fjman, Mar 5, 2018.

1. fjman

fjman

Albums:
    I've had her for a long time and I have no time to work on her (and she needs some work!)

Currently SOA on stock springs with low mileage 33s. Ryan put a rebuilt diff in rear. The front axle needs some attention. I used axles off a rolled 60 series that was sprung over (proved to not be the greatest idea) Replaced the TREs which may be the issue. Hi-steer, rebuilt diff for the front, custom steel bumper (pretty nice but need some paint!) Literally has been garaged for a year and a half due to a crapped out alternator! Last real distance traveled was from @OTRAMM to DC to Gaithersburg a few years ago on scary tall lift springs (floated like a cadillac!)

Body is in okay condition rust-wise. Not terrible but not great. Dent on the drivers door and rear quarter panel.

Ran great before I decided to lift it many years ago! I would describe it as a project vehicle that someone with some time and expertise could get road worthy fairly easily/affordably.

I'm not sure where to price it given the solid appreciation these vehicles have experienced lately. I was thinking $4k due to condition. That might be high though for a truck that will need a tow to its new home! Open to offers before I throw it on CL and the MUD classifieds. Very interested in trading for something fun and something more fuel efficient wouldn't hurt!. I love driving my LX470 and don't need 2 gas guzzling wagons!

I'd be interested in a modded or not modded out miata, other toyota trucks/4wds, older mercedes, maybe a convertible or sports car, something unique and reliable. Any year Land Cruiser.... I would also trade it for/towards lots of 100 series parts! Bumpers, rack, RTT, etc...

I'll get some pics up soon. Heading out to the garage now to find a bolt for the alternator pulley and regret putting this ad up!

Stumpalama likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.