Time to Build a Crawler! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1985 toyota 4x4

Looks like a plain jane model (ie. carb'd, manual steering, no A/C), but might be a good start.

Jack

^^That doesn't surprise me. That was one of the few I have seen that was priced decently. Most likely will be heading south of the border in a month or so.

Jack

Last edited:
The red one looks like a nice unmolested rig. The grey one doesn't look too bad, but I can't remember if that was a factory color or not. I would want some better pictures of the grey one.

Jack

That red one is beautiful!!!

Still a few $$$ out o the price range, but a nice start none the less.... :doh:

1985 4-Runner/Rock Crawler

Sounds like it's ready to go, right after you fix all the stupid crap the PO did. :lol:

Seriously, between the Marlin Case, Interco's and Locker the Runner is practically free.

Sounds like it's ready to go, right after you fix all the stupid crap the PO did. :lol:

Seriously, between the Marlin Case, Interco's and Locker the Runner is practically free.

What are you seeing that you don't like?

Jack

Have you ever heard of a rig the the notorious "PO" didn't screw things up on???:lol:

Well of course not, but I wasn't sure if you saw something in particular on that 4runner that I didn't.:hillbilly:

Jack

I'd spend the cash on the built runner.
You're money ahead IMO. No joke. It's still pretty much un molested like wanted too.

Wonder if this guy would be willing to sell... it says hes looking for a trade. First thing I would do is pull out the plasma cutter and junk that ugly ass exo!

trade 85 4runner rock crawler

I see that 'runner around town all the time. Looks nicely done from what I can tell, but its got a welded or spooled rear end. Plus one of the rockers is pretty beat in the back.

Also, my vote goes to that white 4runner for $5k. That's a great basis for a build. Its got the dual cases, ifs steering conversion, stock EFI etc. Good truck. If its as nice as it looks in the pic, and the tires are in good shape, its very likely worth it. Even if you don't keep the tires, they're great bargaining power for what you DO want for it. Plus if you want to swap out the lockers for ARB's or something, those lockers will sell off really easily.

Still think the white one will be your best bet. More money up front, but.... Less to put into it in the long run.

Just my opinion.

I think i would have to agree with Keith on that one but its up to you in the end

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom