throttle body cleaning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
clean throttle body? I have an accelerator pedal that is sticking and I did lube the cable but still same. I want to clean the throttle body plate to make sure that is clean and not sticking.
Thanks for your help.

I don't know if it will help your problem but get all the seals/gaskets and remove the intake chamber and lots of carb cleaner.

Push on the throttle plate and see if it's sticking. If you want to clean it, remove it from the upper intake chamber, and use some solvent and brushes. I would pull the intake chambers and clean those, too. AND since you're doing that, may as well pull the injectors and have them cleaned :). No need to get new gaskets IMO. They are metal.

Just a shot in the dark, but when you manually open the butterfly at the TB, does it stick? If it doesn't, it's likely somewhere between there and your accelerator pedal, not in the TB itself.

Okay. On FSM, it says to drain coolant before taking the throttle body off. DO I really need to drain coolant to just take off the throttle body? :doh:

Not really. There is a small coolant hose that connects to the throttle body. Either pinch it off or just stand it up against something to keep the coolant from running out. No big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom