throttle body cleaning

Visit site
clean throttle body? I have an accelerator pedal that is sticking and I did lube the cable but still same. I want to clean the throttle body plate to make sure that is clean and not sticking.
Thanks for your help.

Visit site
Push on the throttle plate and see if it's sticking. If you want to clean it, remove it from the upper intake chamber, and use some solvent and brushes. I would pull the intake chambers and clean those, too. AND since you're doing that, may as well pull the injectors and have them cleaned :). No need to get new gaskets IMO. They are metal.

Website
comp.uark.edu
Just a shot in the dark, but when you manually open the butterfly at the TB, does it stick? If it doesn't, it's likely somewhere between there and your accelerator pedal, not in the TB itself.

Visit site
Okay. On FSM, it says to drain coolant before taking the throttle body off. DO I really need to drain coolant to just take off the throttle body? :doh:

Visit site
Not really. There is a small coolant hose that connects to the throttle body. Either pinch it off or just stand it up against something to keep the coolant from running out. No big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom