Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks nice that but that's a lot of dough. Pictures show oregon plates, but it's for sale in CA? If you're in CA you should confirm that it can be registered in CA. CA has very specific rules about diesel conversions. Also you need to get more specifics about the "upgraded 4wd". stock axles are 3.73 and warn hubs are generally considered a downgrade compared to stock. And I can't believe he compares it to a J**P or even a rover...

In my opinion the price is too high.

Also do not buy it without seeing it in person. If you are not local maybe see if you can find someone in the area to give it a quick look and see if it's worth your time or not.

Get more specifics, like info on the "pro 4" lift". Ask to see receipts etc.

Pictures show oregon plates, but it's for sale in CA? If you're in CA you should confirm that it can be registered in CA. CA has very specific rules about diesel conversions.

X2 Definitely iron this issue out before anything else. Could be a major hassle.

That truck has been for sale for a LONG time. I remember some one posting it on mud back in november or so.

You would think they would have thrown some interior and engine pics in there!

nah. Just saw it on craigslist and wanted to get some opinions.

what no winch?for 22k he should have front and rear winch on that thing.and even compared it to a JEEP,that was an insult i should know this i work for jeeps.:lol::lol::lol:john

Sounds like the seller doesn't know what they're talking about. Priced way to high!

A similar conversion (done by Proffit Cruisers) just sold on ebay (in Texas) for $21500, but it was a much nicer truck with a lot more goodies.

I agree. Too high for what you're getting.

Maybe the owner could post some interior pics around here? (limited to 4 on CL)

quote]

x2

You should be able to do quite a bit with much less paper with a used rusted FJ with a 2f in it. Would cost less that 7 grand to turn just about any fj60 into a gem...

quote]

x2

You should be able to do quite a bit with much less paper with a used rusted FJ with a 2f in it. Would cost less that 7 grand to turn just about any fj60 into a gem...

You will go through 7K in a hurry

$1000 for lift
$1200 tires and wheels
$850 front bumper
$800 winch
$1500 rear bumper
$1300 gears
$2100 front and rear locker
$500 sliders
$? misc, i.e. cb, tuffy, snorkel, lights, rear box, jack, air system, roof rack,

This and you havent even began to work on the "rusted truck which will probably need mechanical work. I have dropped over 12k in mine and still have much more I would love to do. I understand that the profitt desiel conversions are 20k now. That said you can buy one cheaper than you can build it. Case in point is the green 62 called princess that is for sale in that section of this board.

I do agree that the truck at the start of this is over priced compared to others for sale, but you most likely can build it for what they have put into it.

Thanks guys. You just saved me a ton of cash.

Thank god for online communities.

+1 to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom