Thoughts on front locker for 100 series land cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is the rear locked yet? Front lockers have their place and can definitely be beneficial, especially with the limited travel of the IFS. I'd lock the rear first though if you haven't already.

Is the rear locked yet? Front lockers have their place and can definitely be beneficial, especially with the limited travel of the IFS. I'd lock the rear first though if you haven't already.
Yes the rear is locked! I have an issue with the trac system... the VSC light and trac is on/off.
Haven’t been able to figure it out yet...

Bump. Also preparing to do a front locker, was quoted $2500 with the for parts + labor

I guess it depends on how gnarly you plan to get off roading. I have my stock cruiser tackle everything I have thrown at it.

I barely even lock the center diff and the cruiser has tanked over every obstacle.

I have locked the front of my lx but only because I have no atrac and I blew the front ring gear. That said I'm running 35s and rarely use the front locker, but there have been obstacles that I couldn't have done "casually" without it. if you're over loaded and are play on big rocks often go for it. May be cheaper to solve your Trac problems though?

You're kinda close by and I do work on these things for a living 😉

Im about to do the same; rear is already locked.

I like the idea of using the 80 series locker switch, but then I wont be able to activate the front locker independently. Any thoughts on how important that is?

Im about to do the same; rear is already locked.

I like the idea of using the 80 series locker switch, but then I wont be able to activate the front locker independently. Any thoughts on how important that is?
Well it would only come on to play if you were in a situation were locking and spinning the rear could cause you to slide in a way you don’t want too. Basically super technical terrain. How often do you find yourself in that type of situation?

It's occasionally desired. You can also easily wire in a "front lock only" rocker switch (parallel)... or perhaps a rear locker defeat switch. That might be more safe, in case one were to accidentally hit the switch.

Well it would only come on to play if you were in a situation were locking and spinning the rear could cause you to slide in a way you don’t want too. Basically super technical terrain. How often do you find yourself in that type of situation?
Well I cant think of any off the top of my head, but it sounds like if you are in that situation and dont have the option you’d be kicking yourself in the dick

Well I cant think of any off the top of my head, but it sounds like if you are in that situation and dont have the option you’d be kicking yourself in the dick
I have a factory 80 locker switch in my 100 and 200. So if it got that hairy I’d be breaking out the winch and snatch block or crawling under the back of the truck to unplug the rear locker. There’s always a way to skin the cat;)

I have a factory 80 locker switch in my 100 and 200. So if it got that hairy I’d be breaking out the winch and snatch block or crawling under the back of the truck to unplug the rear locker. There’s always a way to skin the cat;)

Plus the factory switch just looks so nice and at home in there. 😁

IMG_20200904_184903.jpg

I am about to put in a Harrops in the front and it is easy to wire up a Harrop to factory switch. Quite ironically the factory rear is nearly impossible to wire up to the factory switch without using the factory computer and harness :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom