Thoughts on a '13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been on the search for quite a while now, and have been on the fence between higher milage 13+ and lower milage 08+ LCs. Budget around 35-45K. I'm getting a little

Just from reading the threads here, miles don't seem to phase these vehicles too terribly much. And I can wrench on my on vehicles so I'm open to the high milage 13+s. But, I dont want something ragged out and rusty.

Leads my to my question: I found a 13 in the color combo that I really like.
140k Miles but it looks like it has 50k miles on it.
I'd give the interior a 9.5 and the exterior a 9.
Owned by a guy that bought a 09 and put 160k on it then traded it in on the 13, and then just recently traded the 13 in on a 17. Seems like the guy just crushed out highway miles.
Looks to be incredibly well maintained, but there are no records as his company he owned did all the maintenance.

Price is 36.5k FIRM.

Seems overpriced to me, but its very tempting due to the fact that it just looks so good. NO rust, clean underside, no dents/dings other than a tiny couple rock chips on the front. Driver's seat looks unused. Its blowing my mind that it has 140k on it.

What do you guys think? Appreciate the help.

If its truly as mint as you describe and all the service is up to date, including plugs, fluids, etc. its probably a good deal. I recently paid 32k for a 2010 with 100k on it.

I don't think I would buy. I just got a 2013 from a dealer that was very pristene inside and out with a solid service history, new tires and pads, 91k, for $41,000 plus tax and fees.

If yours had a service history, I would jump on it, IF it is a color and interior you love. Mine was white and tan, a combination I have been looking for locally for two years.

If his company maintained it why are there no written records? That is just wrong! No company does that. There has to be a record, and if he can't provide it, then you need to walk away since there is a hidden problem.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Been searching for the color combo for quite some time. This is at a dealer so no maintenance included from the PO. I'd love to reach out to him find out. Fluids changes rotors turned is all the dealer said it needed after inspection.

that seems steep - I picked up my 13' CPO'ed w/54k for under 50k some 11 months ago......it was truly mint with fresh rotors and services.

Not sure if the Radiator issue affects the 13' but worth looking to sensure there are no leaks and the Cams seals.

E

I wish I could find something similar. I'd love to find one with 75k for 45 ish.

There is actually a 13 in LA in the same color combo I want with 55k, CPO, for 49.5k. They sent me additional pictures from the listing.

Driver's seat looked horrible with stains and rips in the side. Also, no maintenance history. Had to pass.

Been searching for the color combo for quite some time. This is at a dealer so no maintenance included from the PO. I'd love to reach out to him find out. Fluids changes rotors turned is all the dealer said it needed after inspection.
Since the dealer knows who traded it in, have your sales guy call him and ask him to contact you directly. If you can communicate together, maybe he can get you the service records. .... which surely exist.

When I got mine the Audi dealer had done the presale service, then they transferred the 200 to the Toyota dealer. So there was no available record of that Audi maintenance - it was not in the "My Toyota" service records. I went by the Audi shop, asked politely, and the service guy kindly printed out the record. That's how I found out it had brand new pads.

Good luck.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Go look at it and rummage through the glove box, you'll likely find something in there with the PO name on it. Might be buried in the settings of the Nav system too. Mine had it written on the warranty card for the wheel locks. Took me about 5 minutes of sleuthing with Google, LinkedIn, a few other sites to find an email address. They responded right away.

I did not, its 1100 miles away.

Might book a flight and check it out

When I was searching for my 13 I found that many vehicles where the dealer had limited service records or Carfax claimed none at all. Using the My Toyota was key to get all the service records performed by a Toyota dealer. A Toyota sales person should be aware of these records and provide you the information but I only found one dealer who actually knew how to query the records. If anyone has not done this with their current vehicle, I suggest doing it. I was amazed at all that showed up.

The cleanest vehicles I found were out of the Southwest, mainly Arizona, as they have no rust. It is amazing at how much surface rust can form in a just a few years when people don't wash the undercarriage after a storm so ask for pictures. Surface rust might not be a big deal for you but I wanted nothing to do with it. Just take a look at some of the pictures of a rusted KDSS valve body.

13 and later was a requirement for me as I wanted factory HID lights and updated instrumentation. It took me about 9 months to find the right vehicle and a dealer that was willing to negotiate.

Wow. I kind of rambled on there... 9 months worth.

Last edited:
I wanted the latest year of the 2013-2015 body style LX570 and I love the grey body and black interior. Low mileage was also important since I only drive about 7-8k miles a year. Found a 2015 CPO'ed LX570 in the colors I wanted with 17k miles for $66k. Perfect service record and owned in Florida, no rust, looks new on the bottom. So the dealer gives free car washes and after one week of ownership I have ms LX washed at the dealer they put something on my wheels and it leaves spots. Now I am fighting with them to fix my wheels. You know it's always something:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom