For Sale Thinking of selling '06 built 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Looking for input from the Mud brain trust. Thinking of upgrading to a 200 series in the near future and need thoughts on how much I can get for my '06 LC with -163,000 miles,
-Slee blueberry front bumper and rear bumper with dual swingouts with jerry can holder and RH tire carrier,
-Warn 9.5XP winch with synthetic cable,
-Metaltech sliders,
-OME suspension 2.5" suspension w/6000 Sport comfort shock front and 60002 Sport comfort shock rear, 2" heavy rear coil spring,
-Slee diff drop,
-triple locked (ARB front and rear with ARB dual compressor)with rebuild of differential at locker installation,
-BFG KO2s,
-Rhino rack,
-new Toyota battery, replaced muffler, replaced cats, replaced fuel pump, replaced 02 sensors, replaced rack and pinion and tie rod ends, timing belt and front axle boots at 95k, cam shaft position sensor, replaced alternator, etc, etc.
-Owned by Victoria, TX Toyota dealership owner 'til 94,531 miles, Park City, UT since so there is superficial rust underneath but no body rust.
-Well used but not abused with plenty of cowboy pinstripes otherwise straight body. Sonora gold (fairly faded) with tan leather interior in good shape- no rips, tears or worn through spots. No third row seats.
-in body shop now getting repair to damage from smacking the rear bumper on a rock in Kane Creek Canyon and pushing it into the body ( I did a post a few years back about that ill advised jaunt!).
-extra set of OEM wheels
Thoughts on realistic value? I would pay cash for the 200 and sell the 100 once I got the new one.
Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

I won't comment on the price, except to say that people should read through the post history of the OP. It's not that the truck is a problem, but it's had its share of problems. It seems like, for the most part, he's addressed (or is addressing) many of them.

For what it's worth, @kwoodwo had his for sale not long ago - and his was in much better condition, as much crap as I gave him for his price. I don't think this one will warrant what someone may have paid for Kevin's.
That guy claimed to see rust-free 100 series trucks ~ 100k miles listed for $12-13k "all the time." Cant imagine someone finding those kinds of deals "all the time" would still be looking after two years, but what do I know. I will admit that signing off with a Bart Simpson meme seems oddly familiar.

If someone were diligent and patient enough, I do believe they could find a deal like that. Right place, right time. Now seems as good a time as any to find a great deal. Otherwise, buyers need to adjust their expectations. If you think the market is overvaluing the 100 series, which is reasonable, consider buying another truck. There are plenty of things in the market that I would love to own, but won't purchase, because my valuation doesn't line up with the market's. So, you either wait until the market adjusts, or move on. What I don't understand is someone pissing into the wind, and complaining because they think the market has it all wrong, or that owners are selfishly hoarding their trucks to keep you out of the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom