For Sale Thinking of selling '06 built 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Looking for input from the Mud brain trust. Thinking of upgrading to a 200 series in the near future and need thoughts on how much I can get for my '06 LC with -163,000 miles,
-Slee blueberry front bumper and rear bumper with dual swingouts with jerry can holder and RH tire carrier,
-Warn 9.5XP winch with synthetic cable,
-Metaltech sliders,
-OME suspension 2.5" suspension w/6000 Sport comfort shock front and 60002 Sport comfort shock rear, 2" heavy rear coil spring,
-Slee diff drop,
-triple locked (ARB front and rear with ARB dual compressor)with rebuild of differential at locker installation,
-BFG KO2s,
-Rhino rack,
-new Toyota battery, replaced muffler, replaced cats, replaced fuel pump, replaced 02 sensors, replaced rack and pinion and tie rod ends, timing belt and front axle boots at 95k, cam shaft position sensor, replaced alternator, etc, etc.
-Owned by Victoria, TX Toyota dealership owner 'til 94,531 miles, Park City, UT since so there is superficial rust underneath but no body rust.
-Well used but not abused with plenty of cowboy pinstripes otherwise straight body. Sonora gold (fairly faded) with tan leather interior in good shape- no rips, tears or worn through spots. No third row seats.
-in body shop now getting repair to damage from smacking the rear bumper on a rock in Kane Creek Canyon and pushing it into the body ( I did a post a few years back about that ill advised jaunt!).
-extra set of OEM wheels
Thoughts on realistic value? I would pay cash for the 200 and sell the 100 once I got the new one.
Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Based on what you are saying with no pics, I would think its somewhere in the $12-15k range. Base value of a clean one with the miles you have is about $15k, there is paint and interior wear (-$2-3k) but nice mods (+$2-3k). Mods are expensive but don't add much value. Lots of good maintenance records will push it up towards $15k, but it all depends on the pics. The faster you want to sell, the cheaper it needs to be.

$12-15k is laughable for an 06. I think you could get $22-24k around here if it is clean and rust free.

bringatrailer has been bringing serious money for 100s lately and I would say the absolute floor on something like this is $19-20k. bringatrailer will cost you a few hundred bucks if you go with the professional photography route (recommended if you aren’t GOOD with a camera). If you market this truck right, it will sell very well. I could see it bringing north of $25k on BaT.

I had a friend here in Utah sell his 06 with a few more mods but otherwise very similar for $25K - but that was last year. Coronavirus seems to have frozen the market for a bit. In my opinion trucks aren't selling like they were just a few months ago. I could be wrong though, as long as you find the right buyer I bet $20K+

Price also varies on market and location. Some find the LC100 platforms to be gold. Where as others laugh at the thought of paying $20k+ for 15-20yr old SUV's with 200k+/- miles on them. As I continue to say many times.. People will pay what people will pay. At the end of the day, mods don't drive cost. Maintenance and whereabouts do. Unless of course you're an idiot willing to fork over $$$$ for $$. Just my take as an LR4, G63, LC200, GLE63s owner.

Gramps is spot on with that pricing for your year and mileage. And needs to be rust free too.

Not sure what kwoodwo is talking about. 22-24k for 100 series is laughable when anyone that can halfway use any of the classified sites at all can see that 200 series LC and LX570 can be had with that same mileage and rust free

Seller: The “mud brain trust” knows jack about the value of their own vehicles.

The best piece of advice I can give you is not to post it for sale on this forum. Come here for questions about maintenance, diagnostics, or repairs and you will find the most knowledgeable and helpful people around.

However, do not even waste your time posting an ad here. Nothing but cheap low ballers that will say “fOR tHaT PrIcE I coUlD bUy a TWo HUnDRED!!!!”.

Just my take as a M3, 911, Landcruiser owner (not sure why name dropping is important). The people that say this is worth $12-14k are *typically* the same ones that say “I’ve been looking for 5 years and can’t find one!”

lastly, there are absolutely people that find a ton of value in modifications. While you will never get anywhere near retail for your parts, a well modified truck is worth more than a stock one for the right buyer that was planning on doing it anyway....which most LC owners typically are planning on doing it anyway.

Last edited:
Gramps is spot on with that pricing for your year and mileage. And needs to be rust free too.

Not sure what kwoodwo is talking about. 22-24k for 100 series is laughable when anyone that can halfway use any of the classified sites at all can see that 200 series LC and LX570 can be had with that same mileage and rust free

Your post history is gold, been searching for two years and haven't bought one probably because of your price expectations.

Maybe you didn't read his description but the truck is triple locked and armoured.

I agree with @ikarus $20k+ to the right buyer

I am about as cheap as them coming but even I think $15k is too low. Stock vehicle 15k for a 2006 rust free with 200k is a fair price. You start talking about front and rear bumpers, sliders, and fixed lift with or without AHC you're talking thousands of dollars. Heck shipping alone on those parts are probably $1000 bucks. You start pricing a solid stock 06, factor in cost of modifications, shipping and installation expenses and you're over 20k quickly. I could see someone with the expendable cash wanting to save time and money and buying a solid purpose built rig. Only problem is there are more of us cheap guys that are willing to build up as we go vs those with more money than time willing to buy a built rig

I won't comment on the price, except to say that people should read through the post history of the OP. It's not that the truck is a problem, but it's had its share of problems. It seems like, for the most part, he's addressed (or is addressing) many of them.

For what it's worth, @kwoodwo had his for sale not long ago - and his was in much better condition, as much crap as I gave him for his price. I don't think this one will warrant what someone may have paid for Kevin's.

That guy reminds me of the banned dude name "itstime" that kept complaining about 06-07 LCs being too expensive.

after reading another thread it could very well be the same person. There were searching for a black 06-07 and someone thought he sounded like another person who had their account banned. If they could ban by IP address that would take of it

after reading another thread it could very well be the same person. There were searching for a black 06-07 and someone thought he sounded like another person who had their account banned. If they could ban by IP address that would take of it

Conveniently, "itstime" says Atlanta in his profile, while this fella has Georgia, unless he means Russia neighbor Georgia.

Seller: The “mud brain trust” knows jack about the value of their own vehicles.

Very nice truck OP but the best piece of advice I can give you is not to post it for sale on this forum. Come here for questions about maintenance, diagnostics, or repairs and you will find the most knowledgeable and helpful people around.

However, do not even waste your time posting an ad here. Nothing but cheap low ballers that will say “fOR tHaT PrIcE I coUlD bUy a TWo HUnDRED!!!!”.

Just my take as a M3, 911, Landcruiser owner (not sure why name dropping is important). The people that say this is worth $12-14k are *typically* the same ones that say “I’ve been looking for 5 years and can’t find one!”

lastly, there are absolutely people that find a ton of value in modifications. While you will never get anywhere near retail for your parts, a well modified truck is worth more than a stock one for the right buyer that was planning on doing it anyway....which most LC owners typically are planning on doing it anyway.

OP nice truck but I would suggest you sell it here as this would be your place to sell it before someone sees what else can be had for their money. If you post it on any or all of the major classifieds you'll have to compete and its no competition.

Anyone who looks at all of the classified sites can see what else is out there. You can get into a 200 or 570 rust free with 135-165k miles for 22-25k. Go look.

"I havent found one" means I havent put one in my driveway yet.

I have come across several that i was willing to buy but they didnt work out for one reason or another.

Just in the past 2 months:

I was going to buy a 08 570 with 175k miles with not a drop of rust but it had cam tower leak and blown ahc globes. I had to leave town for work and couldnt set up proper repairs or seal the deal and the seller sold it.

I also had my sights set on a 2006 LX470 that spent its entire life in California until 2017 and was also rust free. 190k miles. I had a deal agreed upon for the sellers asking lrice of 14000 but Coronavirus hit and he decided to sell his G-Class to get rid of the payment and keep the LX which was paid off.

So as desperate as you are to try and mock me, it wont detract from my acute sense of the market given my extensive searching, and a taste for the actual selling prices of the vehicles and not inflated forum prices from membera hoping someone pulls the trigger before they check all of the classified sources.

Some guy on a forum trying to mock someone doesnt matter. What matters is what else is available, and what else can be had for your money. And when there are examples like the ones i described above, sorry - a 100 series isnt worth over 20k unless it is immaculate, rust free and under 75k miles.

People always quote that a vehicle is only worth what someone is willing to pay. This is true. But even more importantly - a vehicle is only worth the value of it's own incentive against what ELSE can be had.

A 200 series/570 is significantly more truck. So you must give someone a reason to spend their money on your 100 and not get the 200/570. This equals a steep cut on the price.

All you have to do is look, its in black and white. 200 series and 570s are easily had for that price with that mileage rust free for 22-25k.

My issues are:

1. I dont want to spend that much regardless, so i am not taking the market up on such 200/570 offerings

2. Time.

I am simply tired of waiting. Its not "OHHH BURRNNN THATS WHY YOU CANT FIND ONE. EXPECTATIONS TOO HIGH."

As a civilian who isnt in the car business, I don't have any other way to source vehicles than for them to pop up when someone devides to list them.

I would just rather not continue to wait for examples to pop up.

But they certainly do. And will continue to do so.

4d4.jpg

And you guys are pretty paranoid. No conspiracy here

Last edited:
That guy reminds me of the banned dude name "itstime" that kept complaining about 06-07 LCs being too expensive.

That guy claimed to see rust-free 100 series trucks ~ 100k miles listed for $12-13k "all the time." Cant imagine someone finding those kinds of deals "all the time" would still be looking after two years, but what do I know. I will admit that signing off with a Bart Simpson meme seems oddly familiar.

If someone were diligent and patient enough, I do believe they could find a deal like that. Right place, right time. Now seems as good a time as any to find a great deal. Otherwise, buyers need to adjust their expectations. If you think the market is overvaluing the 100 series, which is reasonable, consider buying another truck. There are plenty of things in the market that I would love to own, but won't purchase, because my valuation doesn't line up with the market's. So, you either wait until the market adjusts, or move on. What I don't understand is someone pissing into the wind, and complaining because they think the market has it all wrong, or that owners are selfishly hoarding their trucks to keep you out of the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom