Thinking about going to Patagonia Lake State Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Otter

All Access Pass Holder
SILVER Star
Threads
Thinking about camping with some friends at Patagonia Lake on MLK weekend.

We've never been there. Any suggestions, advice, commentary, etc?

It’s beautiful! Bring your camera and your rod. There’s also a few easy scenic dirt roads that wind through the grassy ranch lands.

CD47F410-1D8B-46BD-93F5-156F477BB03A.jpeg

60F852AF-83C2-475B-9EDF-C47E89277E87.jpeg

36D9D2F2-7550-4454-A06F-AFC44E71A28A.jpeg

B135171E-146F-4563-BC1C-60D57CECA552.jpeg

83FF1021-2E25-4A96-A90A-595DD6A15FF0.jpeg

It fills up quick, so get there early. Really is a beautiful place!

Southern AZ is very scenic. Not sure what route you will be taken but drive through Sonoita and Elgin area if you have time. Many wineries in that area. Also Overland Cruisers is in Sonoita.

Probably a direct route. We'll have a couple 4 year olds with us. We'll definitely think about passing some wineries.

Last edited:
Penske a direct route. We'll have a couple 4 year olds with us. We'll definitely think about passing some wineries.
We stopped at AZ Hops & Vines with our 5 year old twins.

3450 Highway 82
Sonoita, AZ 85637
United States

They had goats, peacocks, ducks and a pig. The kids loved it and we loved the sangria. There’s also a place called The Cafe just down the highway that had good sandwiches.

Go for pizza at the Velvet Elvis in Patagonia if you can.

Copper Bottom Brothel (Brewery) in Sonoita is a good place to go for a burger and TVs if you are looking for dining.

New place, big, and can usually provide beer and good service.

If you can take an easy wheeling trip to Kentucky Camp, it’s very much worth the detour off Highway 83.

Rocky

If you can take an easy wheeling trip to Kentucky Camp, it’s very much worth the detour off Highway 83.

I was there (Kentucky Camp) today, and camped nearby last night!! And, Autumn Sage winery in Elgin gets my vote!

75648322-E92B-4944-9CEA-A10B5C473B7E.jpeg

234633AC-817C-4F99-910B-F45ED04D76C6.jpeg

A598240E-8E2E-4505-A1BA-BAA5D2730C69.jpeg

Such a beautiful area

It's a beautiful area. Consider a day trip to Las Cienegas. If you have bird nerds in your family, the state park itself is a fantastic place to have binoculars and a bird book.

The Copper Brothel, Velvet Elvis, and Hops and Vines are all awesome, The Cafe and The Steak Out are really cool too.

It isn't too bad having a bunch of wineries in the area, really rough duty :p

We should be around Friday and Saturday MLK weekend, stop by the shop if you'd like to say hi and see some fun rigs.

I am reclaiming two historic mine properties near there, very pretty area in Patagonia.

Which mines are you reclaiming? There are so many great spots in the area. :)

Last edited:
The Copper Brothel, Velvet Elvis, and Hops and Vines are all awesome, The Cafe and The Steak Out are really cool too.

It isn't too bad having a bunch of wineries in the area, really rough duty :p

We should be around Friday and Saturday MLK weekend, stop by the shop if you'd like to say hi and see some fun rigs.

Which mines are you reclaiming? There are so many great spots in the area. :)

The historic Three R Mine and the Salero Ranch Mine. I often drive my cruiser through the area, may have to stop in.

Very cool, both are in real pretty country.

Please stop in next time you're passing through.
We need to get down there sometime and meet you folks and visit our friends Jim & Annette....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom