Thinking about getting an off road tent trailer, need input (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would hold out for a Venturcraft, the most underrated off road trailer IMO.

You know I am trying Phil. Just recently I have missed a nice Jayco Baja and a Coleman Cobalt.

There was a nice Oztent RV4 at mountain rendezvous I was seriously considering, but the more I think about it I would rather have a trailer.

Tentrax Baja Trailer

Posted in a Craigslist thread over on Expo.

Too much IMO. And I am turned off by the my stuff don't stink attitude some of these craigslist posters have.

Last edited:
I picked up a Chalet Alpine a few months back. We lucked out and found it for sale a couple streets away from us.
The Chalet is the "A-frame" type folding camper. So three solid walls.

I did the RTT thing for a while, years ago, and was never really impressed by them. The biggest downside being the flap-flap-flap in the wind, which is why we never wanted a tent trailer.

The Chalet is nice, smaller though because there's not tent BS to bring out and put back anytime you use it. Although you've got more (and bigger kids) than I do (mine are almost 2 & 4)... We have a full size bed and a twin, not too sure if you could make that work? Currently our kids share the twin.
Ours is the "trail boss" edition, so it's from the factory with a little lift. Right now we have 225/75/15 (about 28"). We've only had it since February, but we've used it a bunch so far, almost twenty nights. However, I've only taken it on a FS road once. It did fine that one time. But looking at construction, there does seem to be a decent amount of staples holding things together. Just like all the other trailers out there. The 100 tows it no problem, and being small I'm able to U-turn and maneuver with ease. I've also taken it through Starbucks drive thru ; )
I think we're about 15' length overall.

Alpine | Chalet, Inc.
(mine is a 2003 vs the newer version: but you get the idea)

Let me know if you ever want to check mine out.

Figured I would bump this thread. Getting ready for a Utah trip in the fall and it would be nice to have a small tent trailer. At this point I don't need all the frills, just a bed and some storage. Something like a tentrax, venturcraft or similar would be great. Would even consider an oz tent for the right price. We will be camping at a different spot each night so would like something that sets up quickly and is comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom