The Ultimate Vegetable Thread..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i will kill the first motherfxxxer who posts a picture of a quadriplegic.....

This is against my better judgement but there have got to be good vegetables out there......

Truffled Mashed Potatoes

cook skin on red bliss potatoes, mash, add black truffle oil, along with truffle salt add butter....mix that mofo up and shave fresh truffles on top....

enjoy the weight gain....
side_dishes_mashed_potatoes_truffle_300x450.jpg

I didn't realize that one could use another's user name to start threads...

I'm a fan of grilled zucchini. My wife made a marinade with A LOT of fresh garlic, olive oil, a pinch of salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice. We may have added some other spices like ground red pepper flakes. Season it to your taste. If you hate peeling fresh cloves of garlic like I do, then you can get peeled whole cloves in the produce refrigerated section. We also marinated the raw shrimp in the same marinade. The results were fantastic.

DSCF3674.jpg

BTW, I think it's pretty BA that Woody let Noah be the moderator of this subforum. :popcorn::beer:
DSCF3674.jpg

i like grilling Zucchini it brings out the sweet flavor in it....

smear bacon fat on them while cooking and then you have some good veggies...

We were making some killer grilled asparagus this past year with Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic seasoning, sea salt, and olive oil.

DSCN4696-vi.jpg

Haha, I never even read liam's disclaimer.
I had a pic of Terry Schiavo ready to post, but for some reason didn't.
Good thing cause unknowingly Liam would of killed me. Probably would of paper cutted me up with pictures of himself most likely.....that's alot of lacerations

Haha, I never even read liam's disclaimer.
I had a pic of Terry Schiavo ready to post, but for some reason didn't.
Good thing cause unknowingly Liam would of killed me. Probably would of paper cutted me up with pictures of himself most likely.....that's alot of lacerations

I saw the thread title, and was trying to remember her name...

i like grilling Zucchini it brings out the sweet flavor in it....

smear bacon fat on them while cooking and then you have some good veggies...

I'll have to try the bacon fat on vegetables. Have you ever tried it on a fillet? The :princess: used to work at a famous steakhouse in N. Idaho and that was one of their "secrets" they used on their steaks.

Joe, that asparagus looks tasty. I don't think I could ever eat enough asparagus. We like to grill that too.

Don't mind the veal and pineapple to the right since this isn't the ultimate meat or fruit thread. On the upper rack we had some jalapeno poppers. We sliced them in half lengthwise then filled each half with a mixture of cream cheese, pepper-jack, and cheddar cheese. I leave the seeds in mine, but take out the seeds and ribs for the :princess: and guests. I also caramelized some onions in the skillet below. That skillet is pretty handy for making side dishes on the grill.

DSCF3580.jpg
DSCF3580.jpg

wrap an onion in aluminum foil....wrap up some red yellow and green bell peppers in aluminum foil and cook off to the side when grilling make sure they go on first... when your meat is ready the vegi's will be ready to go...enjoy

Who makes a stainless grilling pan with the holes in the bottom and has sides like 2 or 3" high?

This shallow one we have sucks because the fresh veggies are hard to toss while cooking with out losing them into the fiery abyss.

slide over baked potato

baked vidalia onion:

cut out the core and the outer skin

fill core hole with butter and cinnamon

wrap in aluminum foil

put in the oven on about 225-250 for around 'til it smells up the whole house

dig in !

It's hard to beat an eggplant parm or eggplant mousakka. The vegtable actually has a nice meaty feel when sauteed in olive oil. I must have some eggplant dish at lunch at least weekly.

We were making some killer grilled asparagus this past year with Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic seasoning, sea salt, and olive oil.

DSCN4696-vi.jpg

has anyone tried White Asparagus? When i was in Spain i ate a ton of it...with mayonnaise on it. Very odd...

from what i understand in order to get white asparagus they have someone who keeps covering it with dirt while it is growing.....it grows about an inch a day. I'd research it but i am too lazy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom