The thread I never thought I'd start... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like you guys are having a good time so far! So any update on the suspension setup since you've put a few more miles since the initial drive? Is the front/rear height level? I'm about to order the 3 inch TD kit

Last edited:
These are the parts that DON'T show up in the travel brochures........ They feel it may deter customers if they tell you that one requirement is a .45............

I will not confirm nor deny what means of protection we have with us since we are in Kalifornistan and don't need to be on a watch list...

You should be OK, since this is legal here for the next 2 years.

stock-vector-wooden-slingshot-145197271.jpg

Looks like you guys are having a good time so far! So any update on the suspension setup since you've put a few more miles since the initial drive? Is the front/rear height level? I'm about to order the 3 inch TD kit

It is excellent. I've probably got 900-1000 lbs of gear and it is sitting about level. Normally it has a little bit of rake/stinkbug to it, which I prefer since that's how they came from the factory. I'll post a couple of pics so you can see it. The "light" setup that I have is rated to 660lbs and another 280 lbs would drop it about an inch.

Took this last night for @reevesci.

The Tough Dog suspension is, in my opinion, the best bang for the buck. I like it better than the OME suspensions I've had.

IMG_3745.JPG

I will not confirm nor deny what means of protection we have with us since we are in Kalifornistan and don't need to be on a watch list...
Your second amendment rights are valid here in the land of fruits and nuts.

IMG_3756.JPG

Alright! Now we are talking. :D

Did you stop by the Chinese fish market? Cheap, good quality and fresh. Good job. Ask them to clean it up for you, it's included in the price.

Not a huge day of fishing but caught a few 3 pounders. It was a beautiful day. Phone wasn't ringing. Can't complain.

Fishing again tomorrow. Then heading out of town towards Denver.

Had to top off (to 3/4 full) tonight. I wish I had taken the time to get my knuckles done before I left. Used my patented ziploc method on the side of the road. Took 5 minutes and didn't get dirty. Thanks to my Wits' End hoodie I was wearing.

What's this about ziploc method? I need to fill up my knuckles as well.. avoiding doing them until Iowa Spring. :)

What's this about ziploc method? I need to fill up my knuckles as well.. avoiding doing them until Iowa Spring. :)
Fill baggie with grease, cut corner off and squeeze into birfield. And holy crap! A mud member from my neck of the woods! I work in FD and my wife is from Stanhope so we're in the area often :)

Fill baggie with grease, cut corner off and squeeze into birfield. And holy crap! A mud member from my neck of the woods! I work in FD and my wife is from Stanhope so we're in the area often :)

Lol that baggie method will solve a lot for me, just the thought of pumping it via my grease gun... :poop::poop:.

And hello fellow north central Iowan... Beers on me...:beer::beer:

Lol that baggie method will solve a lot for me, just the thought of pumping it via my grease gun... :poop::poop:.

Sears had a pro series air powered grease gun on sale earlier this year, I was all over that! Sooooo much easier. We'll have to see if we can do a Cruiser get together when it gets nicer next year. I wish I knew of some legal trails around here. All the good ones are trespassing around here lol

See Jake's rundown below...

You need a FREEZER ziploc bag otherwise the bag explodes all over your hand.

Also can use a pastry bag. But some wives frown against this.

Nice to see more Iowans on here.

Sears had a pro series air powered grease gun on sale earlier this year, I was all over that! Sooooo much easier. We'll have to see if we can do a Cruiser get together when it gets nicer next year. I wish I knew of some legal trails around here. All the good ones are trespassing around here lol

Iowa Tall Corn Cruisers gets together. @Dudleyfj40 when is the next meeting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom