THE Olde North State Dog thread ... pics and intros (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfz80

Cruisin’
Threads
Well I know we have a lot of dogs in the club and I thought I'd make a place for us to all introduce our hounds. Several of them make it out to the club events and some are more known that others but without further ado post up your pooches.....

Name (nicknames)
Breed/mix
History

Copyofpumpkinpigrun07058.jpg

laborday006.jpg

Brodi Brown aka Brown Dog
Catahoula and lab mix.... the catalab
4.5 yrs
Sleeping
Rescued from a shelter at 3 months. Went on a 31 day vacation in RDU by himself at 6 mos. Returned w/ a broken leg and 10 extra pounds and been kinda close and quiet ever since :D
may or may not have a crush on Missy :princess:

the cat side of him at play

Last edited:
Name: Mabe's Swiss Miss - aka Missy, Brown, Rattish, T-slug, etc, etc
Breed: Chocolate Lab
Favorite Activity: Sleeping, eating, drooling and chasing her boyfriend 'Wilson' (aka tennis ball)...sorry Brodi :crybaby:
History: Got her from a college friend that owned her mother. Actually was there to see the pups being born...freakin gross :eek:!!
snout.jpg
DSC_0413.jpg

Last edited:
Nice idea...

Name - Rubicon Grul Me
Nickname - Rubi
Breed - Tibetan Mastiff - Father #4 @ Westminster '07, Brother #4 Tibetan Mastiff, going to Westminster this year. In other words, family of snob blood, she is the slacker
Age - 2 yrs old Feb 10th
Fav activity - raising hell
History - travelled to CA/AZ/Moab/CO when she was 6 mo old, became trail dog/protector of the family units.

Obligatory pics, start with picture of dad, aka Fuso...
IMG_0485.jpg

DavisgirlsandRubi.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_5121.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

TubeExpotrailer2a-6.jpg

SpringFling-07.jpg

Great looking dogs! :cheers:

Let me see if I can find a pic of my waterhead Lab..

Name-Berkeley, BK, waterhead, etc.

Breed-Lab mix. The Vet and I think she has Great Dane in her, the pound called her a shepard mix??

She is 101 lbs!

Age-6 on Feb 29th (I quess 28th or March first this year. ha ha)

Fav Activity-Eating and socializing.

History- Got her from the pound when she could fit into my hand. Been my best friend ever since.

Loooves road trips and goes to the store with me almost every day.

She is dumb as a stump, but extremely friendly and great with kids.
BK.jpg

I'll play:

Splash
6 y.o. Black Lab
Loves - Duck Hunting, EATING, barking, and did I mention EATING. She is obsessed with my 40!
Got her from a breeder in South Boston, VA - 13 Field champions in 3 generations

Of course, some of you knew Corban, the Chocolate Lab in some of these pics. Unfortunately, I lost him to cancer in Oct '08. Miss him like crazy!

Sorry, lots of pics :)

PICT0056.JPG

103-0324_IMG.JPG

IMG_0690%20%28800%20x%20600%29.jpg

103-0341_IMG.JPG

102-0289_IMG.JPG

DSC01966.JPG

PICT0046.JPG

PICT0006.JPG

Last edited:
Name: Jacob
Nicknames: Jacob Murray; The Good Son
Breed/mix: Boxer/Hound? Pit/Pointer? "East Carolina Dog"
Favorite activity: Playing, running, playing
History: We pulled Jacob from the Wake County Shelter December 31, 2008 for a local rescue org, he was in as a stray. The rescue wasn't aggressive or adept at adopting out animals, and we really fell for him, so we became Failed Fosters. Jacob is an awesome dog, loves everyone and every animal he meets!
IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

Name: Rudy
Nicknames: Rudy Toots, Toots, Spawn of Satan, Muttonhead, Knucklehead, Blockhead
Breed/mix: Pit Bull
Favorite activity: Wrestling, cuddling up, jumping and barking at every sound
History: Rudy was found running down a country road March 2009 with a chewed off lead. He weighed 18 lbs, he was just skin-n-bones, and had numerous scars. Luckily the fellow who found him was a dog breeder, he and his family got Rudy healthy. Rudy then went to a temp foster home in Durham where Beth took superb care of him. We adopted Rudy July 12, 2009. He is completely healthy, weighs 40 lbs, and he's just an awesome little companion to us and to Jacob in spite of his hellishness. He was likely supposed to be a large dog - his ears, mouth & jowls, and paws are way out of proportion to his body, likely due to malnourishment & neglect. Rudy doesn't come to ONSC events because he is very dog aggressive.
IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

Name: Nalu – means wave in Hawaiian
Breed/mix: black dog. Mom was a lab/akita mix father unknown.

Favorite activity: Driving Brian crazy, scrounging for Lily’s leftovers, playing in the mud and with Lily, growling and pulling the sheets off the bed while you are sleeping.
History: Nalu’s original owner was a gypsy doing odd jobs for a family in SC. Heather’s Dad decided that he needed to live with us. His first weekend as a Keefer happened at the ’09 Spring Tide Ride where he impersonated a speed bump all weekend as most may already know, he is no longer that laid back.

Copy of IMG_2175.jpg
nalu & lily.jpg
nalu.jpg

Nestle

Name - Nestle aka Nes, Neso, Nesser, Dog, Brown Thing, Girl
Breed - Chocolate Lab
Age - 5.5
Fav Activity - Sleeping, Staring at you while you eat, Swimming, Fetch, Snuggling with her mom, and Sleeping!
History - Famous for eating a pillow top matters, tearing up brand new couches and being super sweet!

CampingTripJuly09051.jpg
CampingTripJuly09025.jpg

nes.jpg

Usually ends like this - note the lip folded up against the door - passed out!
nes2.jpg

Okay, so Jason would never post this....so I will! :) Introducing the two smallest pups of the crew!

-Gemma & Ruby (Gemmer, Gembi, Rubbes, Pukey...fondly named for her loathing of riding in the car and the mess that surely will ensue)
-Chihuahua...or so the "breeder" said
-They'll both be five in April.
-Both are rather fond of copious napping; barking at anything that makes a noise out of the ordinary...or not so ordinary; treats of any kind; and begging me (Deirdre) for what ever I'm eating, because surely they deserve a taste or five.
-Gemma was purchased from a "breeder" as a pup, and has happily been a member of the pack since. She has no fear (and a weird affinity for men). We adopted Ruby into the family about six months later, after a rough first six months with no socialization on her part. She has a more difficult time adjusting to new friends and is a pretty timid soul.
2010-01-24 15.16.14.jpg
IMG_9323.jpg
IMG_9325.jpg

Last edited:
Name: Marley - aka Bubba, Mardog, Scoobs, der Slobberbeast
Breed: Chocolate Lab
Favorite Activities: Sleeping, fetching frisbee, going for a ride in the 4Runner (not a fan of the 40 - doesn't fit in a seat next to a window), going for walks, eating, cuddling with his kitten, Juju (see below).
History: I wanted a Chocolate Lab for a couple years, but I lived in DC and couldn't have a dog that size in an apartment when I was working 10-14 hours per day. I moved to Durham in September '99 and got Marley in January '00. He's been to 8 GSMTR's, 7 4Runner Jamborees, and countless other rides. He's slowed down a bit, but still loves fetching anything you'll throw.

MarleyLawn.jpg

MarleyStairs.jpg

MarleyinRunner.jpg

JujuLovesMarley.jpg

MarleyPup.jpg

MarlyTrk3.jpg

Okay, so Jason would never post this....so I will! :) Introducing the two smallest pups of the crew!

-Gemma & Ruby (Gemmer, Gembi, Rubbes, Pukey...fondly named for her loathing of riding in the car and the mess that surely will ensue)

You forgot Rats :grinpimp::D

Name: Sasha, "The Beast"

Breed/mix: Border Collie / Australian Shepard

Favorite activity: Fetch (and keep), getting mud on dads work clothes, proving that KONG dog toys are NOT really indestructible!

History, saw her on CL at a Foster/rescue, I wanted a Tri-color border collie, so she was perfect! We went to puppy training school and sorta got SIT down. Working on that again now, hoping to get her trained enough to start coming out in public.

She LOVES the woods, we took her up to our farm where she can run free, she would trot down the trail in front/side/behind us as we rode around the property. She liked riding on the toolbox of the 85 Yota pickup! But prefers the passenger seat.

Would really like to get the basic commands down and then work on the agility training stuff, she can jump like crazy for her ball!

DSCF2659.jpg

Picture 034.jpg

Nov2009 004.jpg

The white fluff in the yard around her USED to be a pillow on the hammock...I am still picking that crap up!
DSCF2659.jpg
Picture 034.jpg
Nov2009 004.jpg

Juan Galvis started a business called The Pet Wagon that might be of interest to you guys. I forget his forum name (think it was WorldCruiser) but he and Maria (Flinny) have had several Cruisers over the years and are great people, but I'm sure you most of you know them already - probably better than I do.

Here's his website:

The Pet Wagon Professional pet care and transportation. Local and long distance Pet taxi service. Pet sitting for Dogs cats, ferrets, hamsters, birds, rabbits, fish, and farm animals chickens, snakes, horses, goats, llamas, alpacas. Affordable Pet Si

Since we are plugging business here :grinpimp:

One of the companies that my Dad and Step Mom own is Metro Paws here in charlotte. It is a Doggie Day Care that boards dogs, grooms dog, and has high end dog toys and treats. They also do lots of dog walks for Cancer every year that starts at their location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom