The Official Check in thread of SoCal 80s. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please check in and introduce yourself to the group. (everyone new and old)

Please no chit-chat, just post them up.

SoCal 80s was born from a thread that Mo (Slomo) started in the 80 Section of www.IH8MUD.com (.80's of Orange County, Ca unite! - https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=79737). Our first official meet and greet was at the Wildomar OHV park above Lake Ellsinore on March 25th 2006. During this very informal meeting we decided that an off-road club should be started. The groups sole purpose was to plan trips together that centered around family, food and expedition type wheeling. In reality we owe a big thanks to NorCal 80s, as they were a great example of what we could become. From my experience the people of SoCal 80s are very considerate, kind, helpful, hardworking and family oriented people. The group was formed around the Landcruiser 80 series (Lexus LX 450) vehicles. SoCal 80s membership is open to all other makes and models of vehicles. Just make sure you have a good sense of humor and tools if own another brand. We also do not discriminate when it comes drive off-road driving experience. In fact we encourage people with no off-road experience to come out with us. There is not greater joy then to teaching someone about how capable his or her off-road vehicle is. So with that said post’em up!

Now for the official SoCal 80s salute, :flipoff2:.

1.First name.
2.Location.
3.Year, make (LC or LX), and any modifications you have done.
4.What you like to do with your ride? (i.e. expedition, hard core, family truckster)
5.Any thing personal you would like to add? (family, hobbies, work industry)
6.Pictures, pictures, pictures…please post some pictures of your ride and anything else you feel is appropriate to help the other members get a feel for who you are.

SoCal 80s was born from a thread that Mo (Slomo) started in the 80 Section of www.IH8MUD.com (.80's of Orange County, Ca unite! - https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=79737). Our first official meet and greet was at the Wildomar OHV park above Lake Ellsinore on March 25th 2006. During this very informal meeting we decided that an off-road club should be started. The groups sole purpose was to plan trips together that centered around family, food and expedition type wheeling. In reality we owe a big thanks to NorCal 80s, as they were a great example of what we could become. From my experience the people of SoCal 80s are very considerate, kind, helpful, hardworking and family oriented people. The group was formed around the Landcruiser 80 series (Lexus LX 450) vehicles. SoCal 80s membership is open to all other makes and models of vehicles. Just make sure you have a good sense of humor and tools if own another brand. We also do not discriminate when it comes drive off-road driving experience. In fact we encourage people with no off-road experience to come out with us. There is not greater joy then to teaching someone about how capable his or her off-road vehicle is. So with that said post’em up!

1.First name.
2.Location.
4.What you like to do with your ride? (i.e. expedition, hard core, family truckster)
6.Pictures, pictures, pictures…please post some pictures of your ride and anything else you feel is appropriate to help the other members get a feel for who you are.
Hey all, my name is Jay: or Jbird
I've got a 97 LX50 that I just put 529s 37s Rock Kwraler TC gears, 4in Dobinsons lift and working on a turbo kit as we speak.... Looking for some fun trips coming up
I'm in Southern California, San Bernardino and Ventura.. Planet on trips to Rubicon, Dusey and more this year..
Hope to meet up and have some fun!

Hey all, my name is Jay: or Jbird
I've got a 97 LX50 that I just put 529s 37s Rock Kwraler TC gears, 4in Dobinsons lift and working on a turbo kit as we speak.... Looking for some fun trips coming up
I'm in Southern California, San Bernardino and Ventura.. Planet on trips to Rubicon, Dusey and more this year..
Hope to meet up and have some fun!
Hi Jay - Welcome to the Clubhouse! I've noticed that there's not been much activity recently on this SoCal80's Clubhouse. I've heard that some of the more active participants may have moved away, or on to different things. I suggest you continue to monitor this, and maybe post up activities that you are considering. You might re-kindle some interest.

In addition to that, you may want to check out the Southern California Land Cruisers Clubhouse, too. We are a local (mostly Orange County, but also a few from LA and Riverside counties, too) Land Cruiser club, members-in-good-standing with the national TLCA, and we meet monthly. We also try to do at least one club run per month. We just did Last Chance Canyon, Burro Schmidt's Tunnel, and McIver's Cabin for our March run. We will be doing Anza Borrego in April.

Besides the clubhouse, we also have a website for more club information at: socallandcruisers.com We have a pretty wide variety of Toyota 4WD's represented, including just about every Land Cruiser series; plus FJ Cruisers, 4Runners, Tacomas, and Lexus wagons.

Best wishes!
Joe

Hi Jay - Welcome to the Clubhouse! I've noticed that there's not been much activity recently on this SoCal80's Clubhouse. I've heard that some of the more active participants may have moved away, or on to different things. I suggest you continue to monitor this, and maybe post up activities that you are considering. You might re-kindle some interest.

In addition to that, you may want to check out the Southern California Land Cruisers Clubhouse, too. We are a local (mostly Orange County, but also a few from LA and Riverside counties, too) Land Cruiser club, members-in-good-standing with the national TLCA, and we meet monthly. We also try to do at least one club run per month. We just did Last Chance Canyon, Burro Schmidt's Tunnel, and McIver's Cabin for our March run. We will be doing Anza Borrego in April.

Besides the clubhouse, we also have a website for more club information at: socallandcruisers.com We have a pretty wide variety of Toyota 4WD's represented, including just about every Land Cruiser series; plus FJ Cruisers, 4Runners, Tacomas, and Lexus wagons.

Best wishes!
Joe
Vreat. Thanks for the info.1 I didn't realise till after I posted that the last post before that was 2007..😆

Vreat. Thanks for the info.1 I didn't realise till after I posted that the last post before that was 2007..😆
Hahaha - Not quite, but you can see on page 8 of this thread that there were only 2 introductory posts in 2020. Yours is the 1st for 2021. And there is occasional posting on the section below the "sticky" posts (those are the top 5 threads). It's not quite dead, but it's not like it was back in the day...

1.Year and model: 1993 FZJ80 (acquired early 2020 and enjoying it ever since)
2.Name of owner: Clyde
3.Name of rig: FZWeeee
4.Mileage: 224k
5.Mods:
Rear 4x4Labs bumper with Swing outs
Front MetalTech hoop bumper and sliders
IPOR Belly Pan
4" OME Lift, MetalTech rear upper/lower control arms
37" Hancook Dynapro M/T on 17” KMC Enduro Beadlocks
5.29 Gears & OEM lockers
Delta VS rear Panhard bracket
Landtank DC front driveshaft
6.Future mods:
Dobinson 144/145VT springs, GS59 shocks
Delta VS radius arms
Electrical system layout and battery upgrade
Full baseline maintenance
7.Main Use:
Daily driver and things that make you go Weeeeeee
8.Photo:
Utah1.jpg
Utah4.jpg
Utah3.jpg

1.Year and model: 1993 FZJ80 (acquired early 2020 and enjoying it ever since)
2.Name of owner: Clyde
3.Name of rig: FZWeeee
4.Mileage: 224k
5.Mods:
Rear 4x4Labs bumper with Swing outs
Front MetalTech hoop bumper and sliders
IPOR Belly Pan
4" OME Lift, MetalTech rear upper/lower control arms
37" Hancook Dynapro M/T on 17” KMC Enduro Beadlocks
5.29 Gears & OEM lockers
Delta VS rear Panhard bracket
Landtank DC front driveshaft
6.Future mods:
Dobinson 144/145VT springs, GS59 shocks
Delta VS radius arms
Electrical system layout and battery upgrade
Full baseline maintenance
7.Main Use:
Daily driver and things that make you go Weeeeeee
8.Photo:
View attachment 2730224View attachment 2730225View attachment 2730226
Hi Clyde - Welcome to the group! Will you please take a look at my comments to Jbird Lexus in post #163? Hope to see you at a SoCal TLCA club run or meeting sometime soon!

Best wishes,
Joseph Roy

Year & Model: 1996 FZJ80
Owner Name: Garrick
Rig Name: Goose Gear 80
Mileage: 213K approx.
Mods:
•Nitro Gear & Axel 4:88 re-gear
• ARB rear air locker
• ARB twin air compressor
• Slee sliders and skid plates
• Slee front bumper
• Rigd rear tire carrier
• FrontRunner Fold-down table for spare tire carrier
• Prinsu Designs roof rack
• 35" General Grabber MTs
• Method Designs 609 rims in matte black
• LineXed the hood and roof
• Goose Gear platform sleeping system
• Wit's End rear quarter panel
• Icon Stage 3 suspension
• Duel battery system that includes 6 usb ports, a 12 volt, lights in the rear hatch
• Sunflare Solar 105 watt solar panel
• Baja Designs dust light
• Weathertech floor mats
• Sony 7" touchscreen stereo with Apple Play

In Process:
Complete engine replacement with new OEM engine

Future:
Yotatech gullwing door (already have possession)

Alucab shower cube
• Warn Zeon 10s winch (maybe)
• new door belt molding
• repair damaged front passenger fender and door (from previous owner)
• install Ham radio head unit
• back-up camera

Pondering:
Alucab pop-up tent

Main uses: Overlanding and product showcase vehicle for Goose Gear

Pictures:

IMG_0384.jpeg
IMG_2220.JPG
IMG_2187.JPG
IMG_2228.JPG
IMG_0547.jpeg
IMG_2272.JPG

IMG_0232.jpeg

IMG_2157.JPG
IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_5613.JPG

Last edited:

1.First name.
2.Location.
t

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom