The mystery of fuseboxing on a BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's a mysterious fuse box on my BJ73. (Well, I think this is a row of fuses.) I can't figure out what it might have been used for. Does anybody have any ideas? It doesn't seem to be connected to anything anymore.

Imported vehicles are strange. I also found a parking pass from Besancon, France inside the dashboard behind the radio.

IMG_7759.jpg

Looks aftermarket to me, those are the old style ceramic fuses from the 60’s and 70’s. It could have been used to power any kind of accessory for a previous owner; hard to say at this point with nothing hooked up to it anymore.

I've traced a lot of random wires from previous owners. My tool of choice is a tone generator, like this:

That’s a PO's aftermarket installation, for sure. Trace down the wirering as it may still be alive.
And let us know what you discovered 😁
Cheers Ralf

I've traced a lot of random wires from previous owners. My tool of choice is a tone generator, like this:

Very interesting. I haven't had a chance to really follow the wires yet, but that device looks handy. There are so many random wires, plugs and harnesses behind the dash and along the rear quarter panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom