The MUD 100 series Videos thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Most of the time I'm one of the first to cross so I can make a video for the other ride members. I learned that from @ChristopherPrice. Last Saturday was a series of "new to me" trails in the Ozarks. The route was from Hector AR to Payne Ridge Road.

I've always thought it would be fun to try my hand at doing a full video vehicle review & figured what better place to start than on my own 100 series. I'm slightly terrified to post it here for y'all since I know I'm gonna get called out for some small detail that I (no doubt) butchered.

But what the hell! Enjoy ...

I've always thought it would be fun to try my hand at doing a full video vehicle review & figured what better place to start than on my own 100 series. I'm slightly terrified to post it here for y'all since I know I'm gonna get called out for some small detail that I (no doubt) butchered.

But what the hell! Enjoy ...

Keep up the good work! I like the drawer system video as well.

High water produced by storms on Thursday and Friday helped to make for some exciting water crossing videos on Saturday. It looks like I'm kicking up a rooster tail in this video.

A buddy filmed me crossing an Ozarks mud hole last weekend. I like to watch the video and study how the suspension performs in my environment. I am extremely happy with this build that is now approaching 3 years old. I'm almost afraid to touch anything now. This is an enjoyable rig to drive off-road.

A buddy filmed me crossing an Ozarks mud hole last weekend. I like to watch the video and study how the suspension performs in my environment. I am extremely happy with this build that is now approaching 3 years old. I'm almost afraid to touch anything now. This is an enjoyable rig to drive off-road.

Very noice! Especially liked how adventure music comes on, even in the wild, when you go over obstacles! :lol:
Kidding aside - your trucks is very well dialed in!

Slow your roll ... link to video in G drive. First gear motoring along ... pretty low gearing for an automatic. Got to click on the "slow your roll" if you wanna watch the video.
Screenshot 2023-03-20 222423.png

Last edited:
Slow your roll ... link to video in G drive. First gear motoring along ... pretty low gearing for an automatic. Got to click on the "slow your roll" if you wanna watch the video. View attachment 3278340
Hey, what specs are your wheels? Do you rub? I have 17x8 +30 wheels and 33" 285/70/17 tires with stock AHC (with a 1/4" front AHC lift) and i'm looking to go 34's or 34.5's in the next year.

Hey, what specs are your wheels? Do you rub? I have 17x8 +30 wheels and 33" 285/70/17 tires with stock AHC (with a 1/4" front AHC lift) and i'm looking to go 34's or 34.5's in the next year.
I have Raceline Beadlocks ... they are custom-built to order but so really any spec you want. I was looking for the broadest stance I can get, tires to clear UCA's, etc but ALSO I want them to clear the fenders, especially the rear in full tuck. These are 17x8.5 with zero offset ... quite a jump from the 60mm stock setup. I can't speak for other tires, but these 35's from Mickey Thompson are the "tall skinnies" and they fit absolutely perfectly, just enough room at full compression to snug under the rear fender. I didn't modify the suspension at all ... stock AHC no sensor lift or anything, no aftermarket bump stops. I just did a 30mm body lift in the front and tapered it incrementally to 20mm in the rear. I started with 20mm in the front, but I was getting some rubbing under full compression. I had to trim the plastic liner that protects my washer fluid bottle, which rubbed, then I had to grind down the pinch weld ... but that's it. At full compression and full lock, nothing rubs, and I was able to keep my full suspension travel without having to do the bump stops. In fact, I am in the process right now of adding a spacer 3/4" to the hydraulic ram mount where it connects to the LCA, going to chop the bracket off, then weld a 3/4" plate then weld the bracket back on. This will give me just about an inch more droop at full extension, and not cause the shock to bottom out under full compression. I checked the CV angles and Rack angles and seems to be worth a shot, nothing binds even at 1.75" of extra droop ... but just trying to get an inch so I have the same front travel as a Sasquatch Bronco. Those guys are a challenge to keep up with on the trail but it can be done even is this third-row seat family wagon.

Well I've got new goals in life and I wasn't sure who to share them with
>> I want my cruiser to sound like this while riding on two wheels and shooting flames out the exhaust What more can a man want? These folks know how to have fun while we in America are all, waaaaaaa my heater t's

PS- All your videos are totally lame in comparison. Get your cruiser on two wheels or post elsewhere lol jk

Last edited:
I have Raceline Beadlocks ... they are custom-built to order but so really any spec you want. I was looking for the broadest stance I can get, tires to clear UCA's, etc but ALSO I want them to clear the fenders, especially the rear in full tuck. These are 17x8.5 with zero offset ... quite a jump from the 60mm stock setup. I can't speak for other tires, but these 35's from Mickey Thompson are the "tall skinnies" and they fit absolutely perfectly, just enough room at full compression to snug under the rear fender. I didn't modify the suspension at all ... stock AHC no sensor lift or anything, no aftermarket bump stops. I just did a 30mm body lift in the front and tapered it incrementally to 20mm in the rear. I started with 20mm in the front, but I was getting some rubbing under full compression. I had to trim the plastic liner that protects my washer fluid bottle, which rubbed, then I had to grind down the pinch weld ... but that's it. At full compression and full lock, nothing rubs, and I was able to keep my full suspension travel without having to do the bump stops. In fact, I am in the process right now of adding a spacer 3/4" to the hydraulic ram mount where it connects to the LCA, going to chop the bracket off, then weld a 3/4" plate then weld the bracket back on. This will give me just about an inch more droop at full extension, and not cause the shock to bottom out under full compression. I checked the CV angles and Rack angles and seems to be worth a shot, nothing binds even at 1.75" of extra droop ... but just trying to get an inch so I have the same front travel as a Sasquatch Bronco. Those guys are a challenge to keep up with on the trail but it can be done even is this third-row seat family wagon.
I'm not sure what the attraction is about 35s on zero offset rims? Just baffling. Lol.
But, if you're going to do it, this is definitely the better way to do it. Well done. 👍

Those reduction gears are also a very good idea. Well done again. 👍

2023 Black Hills Cruiser Classic. I have been mostly on the 3-4 trails looking at historical sites. They have had a lot of rain this year.

Here is my 2001 LX470 AHC with 32” going through just one of the water crossing. My so. Took the video and just about lost his cell.

We have been treading lightly and of course “turn around, don’t drown “ just wouldn’t be fun.

A few Dark Grey Micas (1E9) appearing recently - here's a blast from the past on K'gari (Fraser) Island. It's the worlds largest sand island, just off the coast of Queensland.

That sand looks so deceptive! I feel like if that 100 slowed down a tad bit he’d get stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom