The MUD 100 series Photos thread (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Figured this for an appropriate first post here on MUD.

Picked up this '04 LX back in the spring from a gentleman in Tennessee and drove it back home to Colorado. Went down to Great Sand Dunes NP last week via Medano Pass and camped out for a night.

Continually amazed at how capable these trucks can be with just a good set of tires.

View attachment 3115529View attachment 3115528View attachment 3115533View attachment 3115530View attachment 3115532
Awesome pics... Of my (previous) home area. Good looking rig as well

Snapping turtles don’t want your help.
CA7B5A45-CCD1-47BE-A547-DCE5F78975C4.jpeg

2E19F73C-942B-413D-B81F-E3031C91C297.jpeg

My droop with this setup is awful.

If I re-index by one tooth will that make a difference?

You're trying to lower your front end more, but you're out of adjustment on the torsion bar adjusters?
I’m not out of adjustment in either direction.

It’s a 2” Ironman lift and after the alignment shop hacked up the adjustments to get it into spec I re-adjusted the torsion bars to get my 2” lift back in the front and when I cranked up the bars I have to use a breaker bar the size of Kansas to torque the anchor arm bolt.

I’m not out of adjustment in either direction.

It’s a 2” Ironman lift and after the alignment shop hacked up the adjustments to get it into spec I re-adjusted the torsion bars to get my 2” lift back in the front and when I cranked up the bars I have to use a breaker bar the size of Kansas to torque the anchor arm bolt.
Did you have the front wheels off the ground while you were adjusting them? I thought you were concerned about your droop, in which case you would need to back off the torsion bar adjustment to lower the front end. Hard to tell from a picture, but it doesn't look like there's much or any rake, which would also indicate that the front end needed to be lowered. If you're adjusting with your front wheels off the ground and your only concern is the adjustment bolts being hard to turn and you have already removed and cleaned and lubricated the bolts then you probably need to replace them if the shop dorked up the threads?

oops deleted.

Did you have the front wheels off the ground while you were adjusting them? I thought you were concerned about your droop, in which case you would need to back off the torsion bar adjustment to lower the front end. Hard to tell from a picture, but it doesn't look like there's much or any rake, which would also indicate that the front end needed to be lowered. If you're adjusting with your front wheels off the ground and your only concern is the adjustment bolts being hard to turn and you have already removed and cleaned and lubricated the bolts then you probably need to replace them if the shop dorked up the threads?
Off the ground, of course.

I’m going to pull the car into the garage later to take some accurate measurements and make a separate post in the thread so I don’t clog up this one. It’s been super bothering me lately.

View attachment 3119130

Looks way too high to me. How much actual droop is left in the front travel When you lift the chassis?
Measurements - center of hub to fender?

Pic for thread: water company property, Green Swamp, FL, couple weeks ago.

IMG_20220822_173841592_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220822_173815726.jpg

Stumbled across this beauty 1 year ago this month in DC. I couldn't believe my eyes, I felt like I was back at home in Utah. I am heading there again this week. Anyone claim her? I will admit, I was hoping the owner would walk out and ask what I was doing. Take a break from politics and talk Cruisers.

IMG_2404.jpeg

View attachment 3119130

Follow up to this post.

Apparently I completely forgot I had a 1.2” ironman coil spacer in the rear, because it was so high I kept cranking up the front because it had an awful rake.

I ended up removing the coil spacer and replacing it with my half inch spacer. I lowered back down the front so that I have the minimum droop of 55mm.

My new center of hub to fender measurement is 21-7/8”. Does that sound right to anyone?

Hopefully this minor tweak will satisfy my driveline and with the slight reduction of the D/S angle it will ride a little smoother at freeway speeds.

E5C1443F-87E9-4623-804F-1FB7BC4A17CB.jpeg

Follow up to this post.

Apparently I completely forgot I had a 1.2” ironman coil spacer in the rear, because it was so high I kept cranking up the front because it had an awful rake.

I ended up removing the coil spacer and replacing it with my half inch spacer. I lowered back down the front so that I have the minimum droop of 55mm.

My new center of hub to fender measurement is 21-7/8”. Does that sound right to anyone?

Hopefully this minor tweak will satisfy my driveline and with the slight reduction of the D/S angle it will ride a little smoother at freeway speeds.

View attachment 3122363
What lift and what tire size? You said Iron Man spacer so FCP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom