The making of LEWA( The Beast) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello expedition lovers,
I’m Ashfaq khan, I’m from Pakistan and I’m a cop working in the police service of Pak. Pickup trucks and jeeps are my pass time, building them and challenging the so called divine circle of car and truck manufacturers giving us their concepts and designs to live with. Well, that is block for me coz I can’t resist to change the design on the 4 wheels. Since college days I’m toying with these concepts. I recently finished a rig where I have come up with my own design where I have a two seat definition single cab pickup truck with which I am planning (IA) to explore the awesome expedition terrain of my country which has the 3 top mountain series in shape of Himalayas, Karakorums and the Hindukushs...! The thousand of miles on the coast and some awesome deserts, in a nut shell, u have everything as an expedition driver back here. I Worked 11 months, in fact worked real hard on this, from bare metal to designing it into LEWA( a pushtu word picked as its generic name, LEWA is a pushtu word which is almost a synonym of the English word Beast)
It is a 100 percent my design and u can’t find anything like this in the entire world of pickup trucks. To do this, we have to de commission the previous truck which we named as Ashenstein (Ashenstine was again 100 percent a design conceived and develop in Pak)
It is an orthodox V8 with DOHC around 4700 not very high on horses but give a reasonable top end, mid and low end torque which is obviously coming from one of the most reliable V8s from Toyota. To make it overland and expedition ready, it is on 35 inch tyres and 18 inch KMC beadlocks with total chaos upper UCAs, with 2.5 icon dynamics remote reservoir suspension. We have tweaked the front diff with a diff drop and in the rear we have engaged toyota’s rear diff locks which works fine with stock Center diff locks. We also upgraded the ring and pinion setup to make it worthy for up north expeditions with 4.88 gear ratios from Nitro and Gear revolution. We also dumped toyota’s drive shaft with the famous Tom wood’s aggressive and sturdy drive shafts. Finally with K&Ns cold air intake to Borla’s twin performance Pro Max exhausts with stainless steel total exhaust solution, LEWA sounds really strong and worth the drive....! Finally, let’s not forget that we extended the Chasis by 19 inches to get a proper 7 and half feet of rear cabin.
Hats off to the talent of the workmen of my beloved Pakistan. We fabricated this entire rig in Pakistan !!!
We develop this essentially on a 100 series and fj40 Chasis fabrication where we ended up with 19 inches extra to the length of 100 series. With increased length, we got some awesome results in its control over the expedition and overland scenarios. Essentially a two door solution with most of the body hand made while some parts from Fj like the doors are installed as it is but it’s wind shield and the back part extended and the roof completely hand made with a three viper blade solution. In this entire rig, we used parts from almost every landcruiser ever built from the early 40s to the 200s every cruiser has been used. To do this we been through some tough times to trial and runs, but ultimately we got an awesome machine with amazing departure Angels which is backed up by almost 3 and half inch of lift. This is a truck solution which can be used with or without roof and doors which can be easily detached.
Planning to patent this platform and planning to export this platform to Australia, USA and Africa !!!
Pl help me as I don’t have any sponsors to work with if you like the project, I will be sharing more detailed pictures with its interior, underneath and under the hood !

24E4B4BA-967C-4407-96A2-ECBBFEE7586A.jpeg

86053337-D834-461C-AA35-5265EEDDCAF8.jpeg

503343F9-A850-4C09-9893-444AC098A653.png

7BBE103B-4BF7-45D0-A7E2-6EC6F10D6380.jpeg

1510EBDA-C412-4E13-B223-C277907DE93A.jpeg

Wow, that looks amazing! I love the way you’ve blended the old 40-series cab with a very modern looking hood and bed.

Wicked Cool!! Really nifty design. Good on you for creating something unique and stylish.
So what year is the 4.7 litre engine you are using? I can see FJ Cruiser in the front, FJ40 in the
back of the cab. Just amazing. I wish you best of luck.
Not to mention, I envy you your mountainous backyard!! I’ve been far up in India to Leh.
I‘ve flown the Himalya through that area and over Kardungla Pass. A man could drive his entire
life through those mountains and never drive the same road twice!

Here are more pics
Wicked Cool!! Really nifty design. Good on you for creating something unique and stylish.
So what year is the 4.7 litre engine you are using? I can see FJ Cruiser in the front, FJ40 in the
Not to mention, I envy you your mountainous backyard!! I’ve been far up in India to Leh.
I‘ve flown the Himalya through that area and over Kardungla Pass. A man could drive his entire
it is a basic 2uz-fe trying to get unichip which is promising 50 hp increase. You are welcome to visit the dashing mountains of pakistan here are few glimpses in another truck of mine....

BF4C9535-7899-4DB8-96DE-B4E1BC746740.png

BD517733-6407-4E66-AB69-4B722F050D49.png

4358B60A-281F-4C54-BCD9-0C2425897701.png

90361221-BDC9-47D7-A2CC-DF7CFE6F8591.png

68EEB31E-7FAD-4037-AE8D-202450C3F255.png

Hy would you pl help m
life through those mountains and never drive the same road twi

Hy would you pl help m
Hy would you help me in diagnosing two issues.
1. How to do speedometer recalibration on this truck I’m using 325/65/18 or almost 35 inch rubber with 4.88 gear set
2. How much nitrogen is required for my 2.5 Icondynamixs shocks tuned for 100 series LC. This fabricated truck is almost 2.4 ton and I think I’m using 180 psi in front and 150 psi in rear. The response in off-road is good but on daily truck routines on bumpy roads it’s too bumpy. What is an ideal nitrogen level???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom