The Lowcountry gun thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine is registered with VDD GNA (Group North America) and will be tested in VJP next Spring at about one year...then likely HZP. I do mostly natural training if you can call it that as well...lots of exposure and play time to bring out inerent natural ability. I focus on obedience...walking on lead (not heeling) as I want him to pull as later when he does tracking he will need to pull against collar, whoa, sit, stay, no, come.....starting down and fetch a little but only if he is cooperating. Like if I am on narrow short hall in house and throw a bumper...as soon as he picks it up and runs back towards me I say FETCH...then pet him and when he is ready to drop it I say DROP...so he is being conditioned more than training. I try that with everything...

Lots of breeders in states with strong lines...my breeder got both of his bitches from Europe....his male is very close to german roots too.
Verein Deutsch-Drahthaar | Group North America :: Official Website

I had a shorthair that was first generation from german and hungarian lines...not german registered or tested though here in states...he was AKC. I followed Joan Baileys book for first year...and NAVHDA for second year of training. I prefer this style of training (Conditioning) for my dog after doing it once before...

I am going to a training weekend in Cheraw this weekend at Cooper Black...and will be exposing puppy to as many fields, woods and critters as possible this summer. :)

Last edited:
So I had 20 / 30. I knew better on at least 4 of the ones I missed. I need to exercise my pistols.

I bought my wife a S&W .357 for Christmas several years ago, then a S&W .38 which she keeps on herself as as her daily. She bought me a .45 after we got our CWPs, but it's too much to tote around. I used to keep it in my lunch box at my desk, incase I needed it leaving the office after dusk. Then I picked up a .380 for my CC.

I'd really like to find time (make time) to exercise them, and get my kids exposed as well.

My dad picked up a AR-15 styled Mossburg 'Plinkster' for my son.... it's been sitting in the gun safe, waiting for a day when we can go to a range / someone's land and actually teach Gman how to use it.

Quickshot not a bad place to shoot M-Thurs but expensive Friday on. I usually hit up ATP, but havent in years. I just pack up the target stands and head out to Boggy Head. If im feeling like a drive Twin Ponds...

Happy Shooting....
Twin ponds closed I bel

finally got my 22 can... 8 months later.... waiting for paperwork for SBR should be by January..

finally got my 22 can... 8 months later.... waiting for paperwork for SBR should be by January..

You are getting a nice stamp collection going! I'm holding out for the hearing protection act to pass so I can pick up a few cans.

Show off my baby HK Mr556 Custom, Also see my HK45 in the pic. HK Fan boy....
29zbf34.jpg

What a crazy Birthday weekend. FFL buddy surprised me with my pistol can at the match. Then before i was test driving a tacoma replacement different FFL called me, saying my other stamp came in. So have my pistol can and my SBR
20161205_175345.jpg

I have a DA Mask22 and a Rugged Oculus coming. What you see in pic is the DA Ghost on a HK45

Finally closed out my gun trust items. Rolls eyes.. but has put a stop to owning SBRs now.... (tkx to having to get everyone on trust finger prints and pictures) 2 last suppressors took 11 months... started reloading again... forgot all the stuff i learned 3yrs ago..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom