The Light is Getting Brighter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well on Saturday I went out and worked for a few hours to break the monotany of sitting inside for 3 days watchin TV and being on mud. I cut out the rest of the rusty floor and wire wheel brushed it all down and the primered it. Then I took my sheet of steel for the floor board and wire wheeled the surface rust off. All that is left now is to cut out the floor board and weld it in, drop the back of the tranny to put the e-brake on, buy flexible brake line and attach it. And lastly buy the rear rotors and calipers (Marshall you had mentioned suburban rotors that will fit without having to machine out the middle, do you know the year or part #) So the light is getting brighter and soon it'll be on the road again.

Just got done doing some of that myself. Went from this:
Drivers+Floorboard

To This:
Drivers+Floorboard+Replaced.JPG

It's not hard work, just takes some time....

Good Luck with it!

Hey Tim did you have much left of the inside of the door there? Did you just weld a new piece on to what was left on the inside of the door? Same question for the back where it steps up into the bed there...is that all new or did you weld it over the old metal. Thanks for the info.

Chuck

Chuck-
I replaced all but the last (top) 1/4" of each of those places. I cut the old steel completely out 1/4" below the bend down from the bed to the floor panels, and 1/4" down from the door lip. Then replaced these vertical panels first. After those were in, I cut and fit my floor pans and welded them to the new metal. The only difference between this and the factory tub is that the factory floor panels went all the way out to the rocker panel, making a "cave" to fill with mud and rust things out. Since I replaced the rockers with 11 ga anyways, I didn't extend the floor panels all the way to the rockers like stock, so the underside of the inside of the door lip is open. This way crap won't get stuck in there as badly to keep rusting things out. We'll see how it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom