The dreaded AC Amplifier (Auto) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for some information regarding PN 88650-60212 for my AC Amplifier in my 40th Ann.

I have found a few mentions that PN88650-60091 out of an HDJ81 is identical to FZJ80 part. I have found one to purchase from a reliable source for roughly 200 w/ shipping. Want to make sure, if I can, that these parts are interchangeable.

If I've missed as existing thread I apologize but thank you in advance for a link ;)

Can you post up a photo or two (both sides?) of the circuit board inside the box? Do you see any burned or popped components?

I'm stuck in relation to the AC amplifier for the Holy Truck:
1659710321428.png

88650-60171

Any information on interchanges would be very helpful.

@Engineer8000 might be able to work his circuit board magic if you are dealing with a problematic unit.

There will most likely not be an interchangeable part that would be a direct fit. There will most likely be wiring changes needed to install/use a different amplifier unit.

@Engineer8000 might be able to work his circuit board magic if you are dealing with a problematic unit.

There will most likely not be an interchangeable part that would be a direct fit. There will most likely be wiring changes needed to install/use a different amplifier unit.
Thank you OGB. Much appreciated.

Thanks again for your suggestion, OGB. Engineer offered valuable advice.

Just for general knowledge, these things are pretty damn similar to each other even thought mine is off a Middle East Truck with a rear AC unit.

Here is the Unit off the truck:
1659792209915.png

Here is the unit I can readily find in the salvage yards:
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-06 at 2.44.39 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-06 at 2.45.23 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-06 at 2.45.40 PM.jpeg

The printed circuit boards are identical. The 60171 board just has a few more components installed. We will try moving a couple of components suggested by Engineer from the 60080 to the 60171 board.

I am so grateful to this forum....

Once again I seek the collective inteligence of the guru's on this group.

I've had a problem with my AC and trying to trouble shoot the cause.
The AC works fine with excellent cooling, it kicks in when rpm is around +900 as it should.

In the past when I'd stop in a traffic light (AC button on) the idle rpm is as normal 600-650, then something kicks in and you could hear a small click under the glove box and the rpm is increased to +900 and the AC kicks in.

Since about 6 months ago this no longer happens and now I have to press the accelerator pedal to incresae the rpm and the AC kicks in.
My truck is a 97 FZJ80L GX-R, 1FZ-F, 650K Km's & going on strong, Carberuter, Dual AC/Manual.
IMG_6569.jpg

I'm not sure if it is the VSV or the AC amplifier.
I checked the VSV, there is vacuum from the carb but found a broken wire, eventually managed to depin the plug and soldered two new wires.
IMG_6570.jpg

IMG_6563.jpg

IMG_6566.jpg

Am yet to check proper functioning as per the FSM soon.

But I've also wondered about the AC amplifier, I found no mention in the FSM about this dial on the unit.
1659792209915.png

Does anyone know what the function of this dial is ?
Am I looking in the right places ?
Thanks......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom