The Daily Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Many of us wheel without a roll cage. Trails run from mild to yes you need a roll cage.

Hopefully. we will have The Fall Gathering this year and you can join us.

Welcome, you will love winter in Boston.

I have a base ‘98 Tacoma 2WD. I really want the old 22R tailgate like this. Would one fit if I was lucky enough to find?

2D13F79F-4A31-420B-A4A0-B02ADCE310AE.jpeg

I have a base ‘98 Tacoma 2WD. I really want the old 22R tailgate like this. Would one fit if I was lucky enough to find?

View attachment 2374685
I’m sure you could get the whole bed to fit, but not sure about just the gate, that may be tricky. To get the full coolness factor, I’d want the rails all the way around. Love them. Want to get that font lettered on my new wheels....

Sweet taco! 6 speed, awesome!! What comes with the trd sport package?
Besides aesthetic stuff and a +7 hp hood scoop 😜, 17’s and different shocks from factory. I was looking for the 6speed mostly, I get too bored with autos.

Very nice spec 2015...jealous!
Thanks! I got lucky, it popped up only an hour away, one owner. I’m almost taco illiterate, but I’ll learn quick 🤣🤣🤣. Not going to go too crazy, got 265/70/17’s coming, maybe some rockers, skids, 1-2” lift 🤷🏻‍♂️ DD and explorer.....

Nice! Get the strut spacers to level the front. Makes a big difference

NEA meeting in Jericho NH this weekend. Info in the members section.

The meeting is happening ON THE TRAIL which is pretty cool.

Hope rich at Harris figures his stuff out. That place was fun.

Couple shots from the NEA meeting last weekend. I didnt take many pictures. This meetings held trail side at Jericho Mountain St Park, with wheeling right after. The inner trails were pretty crowded after the meeting so a small group did the outer loop, and putted around on some of the other stuff. Good times as always, I hope to go back in October.

MVvdbjBl.jpg

IgcHXtWl.jpg

l2drL6Il.jpg

kFCMCUhl.jpg

Quick story for everyone's entertainment.
The Cruiser Gods looked down on me last night. I had a weird feeling that a family vacation to the Cape would have a little cruiser drama in it. So I lost my clutch during the last week of my vacation in my 1982 FJ60 which came out of nowhere and totally sucked. I had to make the hard decision to either AAA and pay the $4 a mile after 100 mile coverage or suck it up and limp it back. After I made that phone call to AAA I took a quick ride around the block and with putting the pedal to the carpet I could make through the gears. I choose option #2. I love the feeling of the adrenaline and stress anyway. Worst case I can call AAA back. Plus giving in and paying the $200.00 in towing fees was killing me. I explained myself and my plan to my wife and called AAA back and cancelled the tow. The mother in law was under the impression that the flatbread was going to arrive. Little did she know that plans had changed so I popped her balloon which did not go well for my wife.
The family was following me in a separate vehicle but figured if we left later in the day on Sunday there wouldn't be as much traffic. I was way wrong. We left Harwich at 6:30pm. Apparently half of Boston, New York and CT were enjoying a good beach day on the Cape. It was bumper to bumper from the Sandwich exit to the Sagamore Bridge. Shifting as little as possible the truck made it to the exit to Bourne bridge. I quick right, coast left and two green traffic lights and on my way to the Bourne rotary. I then cruised up Rte 6A and cut off a guy on the rotary to the bridge entrance. Sorry my friend, I need this more then you do!
Im not going to lie but I did have a little doubt with the unknown. I knew that once I got over the Bourne Bridge I was in the clear. Then in forth gear up the bridge and Golden Road time. Put a Grateful Dead disk in and on comes the tune Truckin. Off to CT I go. Two hours left on my journey. Fourth gear until Exit 91 in Stonington. Cruised down the exit ramp through the stop sign in third gear and then continued in third gear down the backroads for five miles to my driveway. I then parked the truck and had a rewarding couple of beers around 9:30pm. What a way to end a family vacation. Nothing like a little last minute cruiser action.
Thanks Cruiser Gods

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom