The Beginning of Something Great. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
I have been confronted on many occasions to start my own club with it's own events and runs by many people on many different occasions. And I finally decided to go through with it.

I'm hoping many of you are interested in being a part of this and that this will bring new respect from outsiders who frown upon our enjoyment of the outdoors and our vehicles that we take pride in.

There will be many trail runs all over the place that will be well organized and responsibly lead. Ranging from the far North all the way to California and who knows what the future holds for destinations. I may even be able to work some discounts in on products and equipment. We will see but the possibility is there.

I just want to make clear some simple rules that will apply at these events to maintain the respect of others as well as the members that are a part of this.

Basic Rules

-No wheeling while impaired under any substance. Evening camping unwinding is permitted though.

-No egos towards other groups or to other people within the group. We all have to work together.

Pretty simple rules. There will be no club fees, however if you would like to make a donation to fix some local trails whether it be with funds or volunteering it would be greatly appreciated.

Official Run Minimum Vehicle Requirements

-vehicle has to be in sound mechanical shape, just the basics leaning towards good tires for the conditions typically no all season car tires (PM me if you would like an explanation as to why not). And brakes. If your vehicle barely runs that's fine I'm more concerned on the safety of you and those around you so as long as you can stop.

-basic recovery gear (minimum)
-tow strap(no hooks)
-two clevises
-recovery point front and rear (if using a rear receiver must have hitch and not just a pin through the strap.

If anyone has any suggestions or discrepancies feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

John

Well it's a about friggin time.
Well said and well put.
Soooooooo.... Where's the signup sheet? Lol

Just post up in here or show up at a meeting. I will have to get meetings going for guys in Calgary/Edmonton. If you have suggestions feel free to add.

When can I buy a t-shirt? ...I'm in

Nice to see John. If I end up back in Alberta, I'm in. :)

Right on!
You guys are going to make me broke with all these great things to come.

You can still come on some of these big trips if any spark your interest. There will be one to the Rubicon and Fordyce in September.

I'd be into the rubicon trip if I can weasel a few days out of work.

I will meet up with you and get the design sorted out. You have a decal cutter and everything? That's awesome if you do. I will be having a meeting in Edmonton in the near future.

I will meet up with you and get the design sorted out. You have a decal cutter and everything? That's awesome if you do. I will be having a meeting in Edmonton in the near future.

I was thinking more in terms of going to a business that does it and once we figure out the design, getting them to make a batch of different colours to match people's rigs and sizes anywhere from a little one to a full window width.

Yeah I will have to get cracking on that. I want to have a batch made up by September. I'll see if I can get one of my friends to draw one up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom