The Beer Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Local place has a couple fun IPAs come out today - gotta try them all of course :)

Events

Stone Enjoy By 7.4.17 (Unfiltered Double IPA)

GRIMM Tesseract (Double IPA)

Mikkeller Centennial Eyes (Hazy IPA)

Sixpoint Resin (Double IPA)

Had this from Firestone Walker last night. It is an IPA blend of their Union Jack and Luponic and its u flitered.... amazing

aviary-image-1498190277295.jpeg

Anyone had these Stone collaborations from their Berlin Brewery? Got them aging

20170624_173017.jpg

20170624_172817.jpg

Funny, i really didnt care for the unfiltered. Their original is best to my taste buds and all the spinoff have not produced a better option in my opinion.

Dogfish sea quench sour ale has been a great go to for these hot days lately.

Lime, pepper, cilantro and yet somehow delicious ha.

I had all those IPA Friday night on the list.

The GRIMM Tesseract (Double IPA) was pretty nice, but didn't think it was as good as NoDa's HOP DROP ROLL and in the same style.

I was really unimpressed with the MiKKeller kinda like the Alpine Windows Up I had recently - - not nearly as "fruity" as what I have grown used to now. Both are probably amazing beers, but I think my taste buds are just wrecked vs the old bitter hoppy beers.

The Stone was boozy and uninspired, but better than last month - - the booziness was the best part I guess.

I had the Resin before and it is real good.

Last week:

I really enjoyed the NoDa Mexican Lager with some lime the the other day - - it was just different than what I have been drinking.

Picked up 8 of these today for my final week in the ILM.
Pretty tasty.
I wasn't sure exactly what a New England style IPA was, but once I sipped it, it definitely has an Alchemist vibe. Not quite as bold as Focal Banger, and certainly less so than Heady Topper, but the same flavor profile.
I'd recommend a stop by Wilmington Brewing Co. on your next trip out to Carolina Beach.
IMG_0519.JPG

A NE style ipa is pretty much a focal banger or heady topper.... alchemist started that style.

Pretty much a less hippy west coast with haze. The haze part is why it hasn't actually been recognized as an official style by the beer association. It will soon enough though.

Funny, i really didnt care for the unfiltered. Their original is best to my taste buds and all the spinoff have not produced a better option in my opinion.

Dogfish sea quench sour ale has been a great go to for these hot days lately.

Lime, pepper, cilantro and yet somehow delicious ha.

I could see that it was amazing but not sure if I'd pick it over a regular sculpin... GF is still my favorite one but that brand as a while is in my top 5 ipas.

woulda bought for the label ^
that looks tasty

The Bruery Funky Buddha Guava Libre..... sounds terrible but was tasty AF

aviary-image-1498433792401.jpeg

It's been a while since Stone made a triple IPA. They took their double, made it a triple and infused orange peel and vanilla bean. Damn tasty

IMG_20170627_205505_717.jpg

One for this morning and one for office beer Friday layer today.

Seriously love this beer.

20170630_092207.jpg

didn't get to try it my co-worker forgot his grinder at home.

I've had some of their other stuff and it is good though.

4th of July line up..... All American except for that sneaky Scot that got in there.

IMG_20170704_134029_378.jpg

IMG_20170704_104646_237.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom