The 80 was tough, but it wasn't fireproof- Parts for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so as of a few weeks ago my '91 fj took it's final drive. i had literally just finished replacing the rotors, calipers, pads, master cylinder, and repacked the bearings an hour before my truck went up in flames. lesson learned the hard way: never ever leave a towel under the master cylinder when you're done bleeding the brakes.
i had just shut the hood and took her for a short test drive to make sure the brakes were stopping properly... they were. so i came home, jumped in the shower and sped off to work. 30 minutes after i had gotten there some coworkers said they saw smoke coming from my truck. as i ran for the door and saw what was happening the fire department showed up and of course took over from there. apparently it got so hot in there that the hood release cable had snapped leaving them forced to open up the hood with the biggest damn pry bar i've ever seen.
long story short: i have a '91 fj80 with plenty of parts available for sale. most of the rubber and plastic under the hood was destroyed as well as the instrument cluster. the driver side front quarter panel and hood are toast, but the rest of the body is in pretty nice shape.

Parts available: (all stock)
_ drivetrain
- t-case (works great/ never had a problem)
- transmission (245k, rebuilt around 165k, also no problems)
- driveshafts front and rear
- front brakes all brand new hardware
- rear drums
- axles/ knuckles (no noises or clicks)
- coils, control arms, shock mounts, bump stops
- solid 3fe block (would rebuild IIWM- 245k. not yet removed)

_ body (sorry no pics, can email though- early 2 tone silver on dark gray)
- sunroof and motor (worked perfectly, have yet to check on wires since the fire)
- all doors
- tail gate/ lift gate
- front bumper
- rear bumperettes
- all glass in tact and clean (windshield pitted though)
- passenger tail light/ side marker
- gas tank (working pump)
- stock alloys w/ ~20k miles on 31x10.5x15 bfg ATs

_interior
- seats front and middle; no 3rd row (drivers seat torn on vinyl side)
- most interior plastic panels (no cargo sides though)
- seatbelts
- center console and transmission cover console
- glovebox
- carpeting (except driver's feet area)
- upper handles
- steering wheel (airbag N/A)

That's my list for now. if you don't see what you need send me an email jhfj80@yahoo.com (i check this throughout the day). i'm just pulling prices from cruiser parts outfitters such as cruiserparts.net; then lowering them a little as i think is fair to me and you. (sorry to undercut cruiserparts, but i gotta do for me and mine!) . i live in RALEIGH, NC and don't know much about shipping prices for large items, but i'd be willing to learn....

Jason

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

:eek:

sorry for your loss.

something for the rest of us to keep in mind.

Last edited:
sorry to hear about the rig.

you should post up a new thread in either the "for sale" or "parting out" section of the classifieds...

How much for the upper tailgate and the front bumper?
Would need shipped to 44067.

Thanks,
Ron

Sorry to hear about your loss!

If you have power seat controls I need the bit that controls the driver's seat.

Let me know if you've got em.
Thanks
-----Nate

Could I get the CDL switch, rear heater switch, and Rear defrost switch?

And the latch for the center console if you have it....

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:
Front rotors

How much for front brakes

Sorry about the loss here m8, hopefully it was insured and your going to make afew bucks out of this!
:popcorn:

DS side view mirror? I could really use the whole motor and mirror. But I just have a cracked DS mirror. The motor works good just shaky.

I hate to see this happen. It makes me sad that it went that way. I hope you can get some reimbursement!

I'll shoot an email.

oh man

sorry about your truck. hope ya make a buck or two.

Hey, shoot me a PM or email about the front axle. I wouldn't need the third, but interested in the rest. Please let me know! jwstein at uark dot edu. Thanks!

Jordan

Let me know if that front bumper is still availible?

hey all, thanks for the condolences. i've been paying so much attention to the PM's and emails that i haven't even looked at the thread since i started it. i've unloaded a few things, but there are tons of good parts left (literally; the truck is heavy as hell)... if you need a part shoot me an email at jhfj80@yahoo.com for faster response times. and thanks again, you guys are great.

side note: if anyone knows of a decent 60 for sale in the raleigh, nc area let me know. preferably under $6000.

New urgent need

Passengers side rear sliding windows. Woke up this morning and mine is broke:crybaby:.

I would be interested in the front 3rd if it has 4:11 gearing Price shipped to 17602

do you have the stock stereo? anyone know if it will plug into a 95?

here in NC as well. best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom