The 80 is for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, after lots of tinkering and thinking, the 80 is for sale. I thought a lot about my posts to Jsalt about high priced trucks and thought, what the heck. If I am not concealing or hiding anything from the buyer then there is no harm done. The price one gets for a vehicle is what it is worth to someone else. Trust me, I know that all to well from being on the buying side. So, if it doesn't sell, I have one kick ass 80. If it does sell, I have $$$ for a 40 or a large chunk of change to put towards an FJ or Tundra.

1997 FZJ80

On another note I wanted to thank everyone that I spent time with on the list and those that have contributed so much to the group. I have not been involved nearly as long as some members but I do remember when the spring meeting was 4 or 5 of us at the head of the Northfield trail head. I remember when Lane got pissed and "quit". Well, thanks for sticking around Lane and a big thanks to Dave too. Also, all you silent types that go to the meetings and trail cuts that are in the area and write emails and letters re: use of land and treading lightly. The club and its involvement has grown and its really something else. Of the things that I miss about leaving Boston, this group is one of them.

Cheers everyone.

[edit] is this the factory blue you think? 1977 FJ40 Landcruiser pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Last edited:
X2. That's a really nice truck!

My view is it's sort of like that site Zillow.com. On that site you can put a "make me move" price on your house and if someone wants it bad enough they'll buy it. It's like having a buy-it-now button on your truck. If nobody wants to pay, you don't need to sell.

I just bought a convertible that I'm gonna drive for the summer with a for sale sign in it. If someone buys it, great. If not I still have a nice convertible!

Good luck amigo!! (that's Texan for "friend")

Last edited:
yeah... thanks. it wont go anywhere. i am sitting at the cruiser shop down here in tejas right now as the A/C parts and the last (hopefully) parts of the ABS get installed. there is the local tlca meeting next week. maybe one of my local texan friends will show interest. YES, i am texan now... i have cowboy boots.

yup... one of my wife's co workers is ms. canada on i forget which team. it was fun but we only stayed for the first half. we had lots of beers and we got super hungry and half time is 45 mins long!

in general it is amazing. it is slightly smaller, slower and more affordable than boston and that is exactly what we were looking for. for the same price as i was paying in somerville, i am in arguably one of the best best neighborhoods here with a fenced in yard and a driveway... still NO garage! ha!

Things have been hectic since we packed and left Boston then drove here and unpacked and got a puppy and started jobs and so on...

A puppy? Yeah, sad news, right before we left PJ got really sick and her kidneys failed. She was not able to come with us, we had to put her to sleep. :-(.

We drove through Charlottesville, Asheville, Nashville, New Orleans and then finally to Austin. We took about a week overall to make the trip, spending 3 nights with Cathlin's cousin in New Orleans which was obviously really fun.

We rent a little house with a little yard in the hipster/overpriced part of town which is perfect because being new to the area, we are in the center of all the fun. Cathlin's job is going well, really busy but good and I still work for the same company from back in Boston. I thought working from home would be a breeze and I missed PJ so much that we went and got a puppy. What a mess but he is coming around. MOOSE is his name.

Austin itself is great. We got down here just in time for South By South West which was a ton of fun. I just discovered some fairly good mtn biking not bad a 20 minute ride or 10 minute drive from the house which is killer. The weather is of course great and exploring the town and its bars and restaurants and outdoor stuff is lots of fun.

going wheeling mem day weekend with the lonestar cruiser guys... should be fun!

Yeah, sad news, right before we left PJ got really sick and her kidneys failed. She was not able to come with us, we had to put her to sleep. :-(.

Sorry to hear about PJ, what a bummer. How old was he?

going wheeling mem day weekend with the lonestar cruiser guys... should be fun!

They have malls there? :D Have fun, post some pics, and don't dent the 80.

she was 7. actually, all dog owners, please be dilligent about your frontline. we were and she still got lymes disease. in very rare cases it will attack the kidneys and fail them like it did to her.

oh they have malls out here alright but they are extreme. some of them have dirt parking lots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom