The 1KZ-TE - what a great commuter! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JDM Journeys

Threads
Snow tires (stock size) with 2" lift, 5 speed manual, and of course fulltime all wheel drive still returns great fuel economy! I track this closely (my wife says obsessively) and just returned another tank of 10.000L per 100kms (23.5mpg). Combined with a 90L tank, that is incredible range for a capable SUV. Gotta love these little rigs! Makes you wonder how things might have been different in North America if the 4Runner had gotten this engine option...?

IMG_20201117_164852.jpg

Snow tires (stock size) with 2" lift, 5 speed manual, and of course fulltime all wheel drive still returns great fuel economy! I track this closely (my wife says obsessively) and just returned another tank of 10.000L per 100kms (23.5mpg). Combined with a 90L tank, that is incredible range for a capable SUV. Gotta love these little rigs! Makes you wonder how things might have been different in North America if the 4Runner had gotten this engine option...?

Glad to hear you like it. They can make exceptional power with some tuning/intercooling and more boost too.

I've been keeping my eye out for one of these rigs with the 1KD-FTV engine. Another great sounding motor that we missed out on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom