the 1fz-f idle adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey toyota's.. writting to you again from egypt, yesterday i have finished instaltion of my new spare parts:a new carb, cap and rotor , new spark plugs with new wires, new fuel filter, air filter , fuel punp.. nearly everthing that is related to engine. and the result are good the car is breathing again,
the problem is which i had in the last carb or lets say HOW CAN I ADJUST THE CARB or(the idle) what tools that i want ?
and how to get it totally adjusted.? and what is the ideal rpm?
my fj80 engine is 1fz-f.
thanks

Almost all of us here have electronic fuel injection rather than a carburator, so you may not get many responses.

Good luck though,

Curtis

South-American to rescue!

Ok, let's see... will assume your throttle cable is properly adusted and there are no vacum leaks.

Then, between carb and head you'll see a white triangular knob... this sets idle. But, next to it (closer to the rad) there's the fuel/air register (flat head cilinder bolt) so you can set your intake rich or lean.

All you need is a flat screwdriver.

Rpms? will depend on what type of fuel you use, general engine conditions, spark advance, compression, etc.... close under 800 should be fine for most situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom